• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Sub Forum Idea

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Sub Forum Idea

Unread post

How about a sub forum called "Members Reading Journals" or something that would be for members who are reading any book to post their thoughts about the book? This may generate some extra posts that would otherwise not be made, and may also promote a book for a discussion or draw people into a discussion.

Mr. P.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

From a different angle, I think we should be encouraging forumers to post their thoughts about whatever they're reading at the time, but those posts should go all over BookTalk, and not in one sub-forum alone.

I'm not really sure how to encourage it otherwise, though. So maybe a sub-forum is the best solution. But in the meantime, maybe we can brainstorm about other ways to get people posting about what they're reading apart from the official selections.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

MadArchitect wrote: I'm not really sure how to encourage it otherwise, though. So maybe a sub-forum is the best solution. But in the meantime, maybe we can brainstorm about other ways to get people posting about what they're reading apart from the official selections.

This was the jist of my thoughts Mad...I just thought a sub forum would be more of an way to organize it. But I think that people feeling free to post about whatever they are reading would be a nice feature and a way to get search engine placement and content up to a better level.

Mr. P.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Chrindie - A question

Unread post

Chrindie (from Mad's combined name for Chirs or Indie):

Can we have an option when creating a post to have posts about book discussions, side book discussions, etc, show up in the discussion list as a different color text or have an icon next to it so that it stands out in the forum list of topics?

Thanks,
Mr. P.
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

Unread post

I was thinking that if it was possible, it might be a good idea if people could post threads to different sub-forums and/or threads. So say a discussion of intuitive morality could crop up in the Religion and Philosophy, The Lucifer Effect and Responsibility and Judgment at the same time.

So if somebody wanted to post in a reading journal, the fiction suggestions forum and a thread on a particular author at the same time, it'd be possible.

Could be a problem with spam bots though.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I'm going to talk to Indie about these ideas and see if they can be implemented. :)
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!

Return to “Everything Else”