• In total there are 64 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Hey everyone, my name is Gabi

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Gabi
Official Newbie!

Hey everyone, my name is Gabi

Unread post

Hello all. I'm brand new to this. I was looking for a place where I could talk about and hear other perspectives on books that I read. Its hard to do that in real life because none of my friends have similar reading interests. I love fiction b/c i live non fiction everyday and it can be a bit of a drag, lol. I like fantasy books, esp. topics like vampires. So needless to say I'm a big Anne Rice fan. But I am open to reading all different types of books.

I just recently got into the Twilight saga by Stephanie Meyer. I loved the first 3 books but was sadly disappointed by the 4th. I really would love to discuss these books with somone who's over the age of 18. I know that was her target audience but some adult read those books too! lol. And I'm always up for talking about Lestat and all the the Vampire Chronicles.

So if you want to share or comment, don't be shy! :D
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Hello gabi, welcome to Bootalk! :smile:
Ophelia.
Gabi
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Thank you, Ophelia :smile:
Raving Lunatic
All Star Member

Unread post

Hi Gabi!
I think that another vampire author you might want to consider is my personal favorite...Laurell K. Hamilton. She has a couple of series. One is about fairies and that is called the Gentry Series. The second is probably what she is known for..Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter. The first book is called Guilty Pleasures. This series is very interesting and I think that you would enjoy it.

Welcome!
Gabi
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I did spy a few of the Anita Blake books but I wasn't sure if I would like it. But I'll definately check it out, thanks for the tip.
GentleReader9

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Internet Sage

Unread post

Welcome, Gabi,

I read lots of fantasy, including some "dark" fantasy. I would be willing to check out some of your preferred books and give them a try.... I'm well over 18, as you can see.
"Where can I find a man who has forgotten the words so that I can talk with him?"
-- Chuang-Tzu (c. 200 B.C.E.)
as quoted by Robert A. Burton
Gabi
Official Newbie!

Unread post

GentleReader9 wrote:Welcome, Gabi,

I read lots of fantasy, including some "dark" fantasy. I would be willing to check out some of your preferred books and give them a try.... I'm well over 18, as you can see.

I would start with Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice, but if you've already read it I'd try Twilight. Also Nora Roberts' Circle trilogy is pretty good. The first book is Morrigan's Cross.

Return to “Everything Else”