• In total there are 32 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 32 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Introduction: Shawn

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
sweisser
Almost Comfortable

Introduction: Shawn

Unread post

Hello everyone. My name is Shawn and I work as an elementary teacher librarian. I live in Virginia with my husband, daughter, and yellow lab. I was looking for a general book talk site so I did a Google search and found this site.
Although I work as a children's librarian, my teaching certification is in secondary education social studies, I have a second bachelor's degree in US history, an MLS and I am working on an MA in US history. I love children's books when they teach and entertain at the same time. Gail Carson Levine books are great for young girls who may be struggling with self-image. The historian in me loves almost any historical fiction as well as history non-fiction. My daughter and I just finished the Twilight series. While I enjoy the genre, she is a bit freaked out by vampires. However, she loved the series.
We like to spend time outside as well; we aren't complete book geeks, camping, gardening, etc. I have lived all over the US, visited Mexico, Canada, Bermuda, and the Bahamas. My husband is ex-military so he also has been all over the US and the world. The daughter is getting ready for her first foray into international travel.
That is pretty much a brief description of me and my family.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Hi Shawn. :smile: Welcome to BookTalk.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Hello Shawn, welcome to Booktalk. :smile:
I'm also interested in history.
See you in the forums.
Ophelia.

Return to “Everything Else”