• In total there are 29 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

A new kind of Mystery

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

A new kind of Mystery

Unread post

DOG ON IT I love this book. I love Chet, the dog. Bernie's okay too. But Chet -- "Chet the Jet" is awesome. Chet is engaging, endearing, and a great narrator. Dog on It is a delightful story, narrated by Chet, the dog-partner of a private detective. Chet shares with us his endearing doggy insights into his adventures as he helps his partner, Bernie, solve the mystery of a missing girl. The descriptions of Chet's view of things truly seem what we would expect a dog to think. Focusing on interesting smells and the incessant quest for food, Chet saves his master, as he demonstrates the loyalty typical of a dog to his master. This highly enjoyable, humorous book is filled with enchanting comedy and is a must-read, especially for dog-lovers! I am a mystery aficionado. The book is a rollicking, good-time read.
I only found one problem ...

The Porsche. Bernie loves his Porsche. Chet loves the Porsche. Nothing better. So it breaks down. So what. It's a Porsche. Right? -it's a front-engine Porsche. What the heck? I mean, when you talk ~Porsche~ you're talking about air-cooled, two seats (with a "book shelf" seat in back), kidney-bouncing suspension, air-cooled and... wait for it... rear engine.
{{GHASP!}} What is next? Shall we come to learn that the biker gang was actually riding Harley-Davidson SS-250s???

Yes, I am a car lover as well. And frankly, the 'front engine' Porche gaffe was a crime all by its self. At the very least it was a moving violation.

But I would recommend this book. It really is well written and very entertaining. I will definitely read the next in the series.
"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling." - Arthur Brisbane

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”