• In total there are 20 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Best Stephen King and Dean Koontz Books

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
chimaybliss
Getting Comfortable

Best Stephen King and Dean Koontz Books

Unread post

Here are my selections for the best books for authors Stephen King and Dean Koontz.....

SK -- http://www.bukisa.com/articles/147780_w ... best-books

DK -- http://www.bukisa.com/articles/147782_w ... best-books
missyannlala
Book Nut

Re: Best Stephen King and Dean Koontz Books

Unread post

'Salem's Lot, was his best yet, in my opinion, of course. :)
But I also read The Shining and it was totally insane. It really did freak me out!
give me the rainbow!
Siery
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I happen to be a vampire fan and Salem's Lot was one of my favorite SK books, Green Mile was another.

I used to be a die-hard Dean Koontz fan and then he wrote a few books that were not .... good.... and then I became too busy to read. I loved all the ones you named, but I might remember one or two more once I've had some sleep or coffee. I'm not picky either or. :)
NY152
Upwardly Mobile

Unread post

I can't recall ever reading Stephen King or a Dean Koontz book. We have them all here in our library, and I never got the---nerve---to read those books.
Eriksoln
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

King: "IT". This is one of the better books I've ever read. After that, I'd also put "The Stand" and "The Green Mile".

Koontz: Give the "Odd Thomas" a chance, even if you don't like Koontz in general. "The Face" was also superior.
They say 90% of the game is half mental.
BARRETT
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

My favorite Stephen King book was " The Eyes of the Dragon", probably because it was more of a fantasy novel than a horror story. Never really cared for horror books.

As for Dean Koontz, I liked "Sole Survivor", but to be honest I never really read a lot of his work.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

I really like Desperation.
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
BARRETT
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I just finished "Under the Dome" by Stephen King. Not one of his better novels. To be honest, most of the characters were more like caricatures than anything. The bad guy was so over the top as to be unbelievable. And the ending was a HUGE letdown. At over a thousand pages, I wasn't impressed. I was hoping for something along the lines of "The Stand" or "Tommyknockers", but this wasn't it.
reader2121
Experienced

Unread post

I only read Bare Bones, which is a collection of interviews with King. I thought it was interesting. He had some interesting things to say about environment and culture influencing fiction, and in King's case horror fiction.

He said this funny, but very true thing, which was: No matter how old and intelligent you are, when you wake in the middle of the night you will never allow your hand to dangle too long off of the bed, for fear something slimy should touch it. Nobody admits it, but in the darkness, all by yourself you'll never do it.

And he's absolutely right!
vetwriter
No End in Sight

Unread post

Dean Koontz is an excellent author, but sometimes his villans are too similar. However, I loved "Life Expectancy," "Odd Thomas," and "Intensity." I've read many more of his books, but those are the few that stand out in my mind.
To find out more about both myself and the books I have written, please visit: http://www.virginiafrazier.webs.com

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”