• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Zuckerman Bound

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Emperorbjt
The Great Gabsby

Zuckerman Bound

Unread post

I have begun Phillip Roth's "Zuckerman Bound". This is actually the first four short novels of the Zuckerman series in one volume. It includes "Ghost Writer", "Zuckerman Unbound", "The Anatomy Lesson" and "The Prague Orgy".

I am almost through, "Ghost Writer". This is the first time that I have read Roth and so far I am loving his work and cannot put the book down. This is a work full of interesting ideas. One of several major themes centers on meaning of art and the role of artists in society. There is lots of other stuff about being Jewish, being American, being a twentieth century man, etc.

Hopefully it stays this good throughout.
reader2121
Experienced

Re: Zuckerman Bound

Unread post

You'll have to read American Pastoral, and then The Human Stain.

American Pastoral is a fascinating story, a bit easier to read than THS.
Emperorbjt
The Great Gabsby

Re: Zuckerman Bound

Unread post

reader2121 wrote:You'll have to read American Pastoral, and then The Human Stain.

American Pastoral is a fascinating story, a bit easier to read than THS.
Thanks for the recommendation. I finished Zuckerman Bound a few weeks ago, and liked it so much that I was tempted to move on more Zuckerman books right way. While I did not do that, I will get to the above two works soon.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”