• In total there are 26 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Elephant Tree by R D Ronald

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
R D Ronald
Getting Comfortable

The Elephant Tree by R D Ronald

Unread post

Hi guys, I'd like to take the opportunity to share news of my debut novel with you. I've listed the initial comparisons and synopsis below. Further infor can be found on my website at the bottom or author page on Amazon. I'd love for you all to check it out and I look forward to hearing your impressions.

R D Ronald.

Initial comparisons being made to Dean Koontz, Irvine Welsh and Chuck Palahnuik make The Elephant Tree a debut novel not to be missed, as it carves its way into your psyche, challenging readers morality with shocking plot twists and vivid characters.

Mark Fallon is an overworked detective investigating a spate of attacks at a string of high profile city centre nightclubs.

Scott is a dejected 24 year old, struggling to make ends meet while working for his brother and sup-plementing his income with a small-scale drug dealing operation.

Angela is an attractive 23 year old, raised by her father, a career criminal and small time drug dealer who supplies Scott with cannabis.

This is a chilling tale spanning a few months in the lives of Scott and Angela, where realisations about the present combine with shocking revelations from the past, leading to an apocalyptic climax where they no longer know whom they can trust.

http://www.rdronald.co.uk/
NY152
Upwardly Mobile

Re: The Elephant Tree by R D Ronald

Unread post

Sounds very interesting. How did you come around to writing a novel like this?
R D Ronald
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'll post the author bio from my webpage. I think that sums it up pretty well.

R. D. Ronald confesses to having spent time in various jobs throughtout a career in business and then spent time in prison after turning to crime to pay the medical bills for his sick wife. 'Renee became ill shortly after we were married, the treatment she needed was expensive. An opportunity came up for me to run a cannabis farm - the extra cash would make the difference to Renee's care, so I accepted. Renee was optimistic about her treatment, but sadly she didn't make it. Not long afterwards, I was arrested and sent to prison.'

Work on his debut novel, The Elephant Tree was largely undertaken while he was inside. 'Being locked up 23 hours a day focuses the mind. I'd always loved reading and hoped to write a book one day, and you hear some crazy stories while in jail. In the end writing was an outlet, a way for me to keep my mind occupied. My book touches on some of the issues that have affected me, but is not autobiographical. It does challenge readers however. Life is never clear cut, and the line between good and bad, right and wrong is often blurred. Especially in times of crisis, and this is what I wanted The Elephant Tree to say, ultimately.'
R D Ronald
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Here's the latest review for anyone interested in taking a look.

http://pursewardenblog.blogspot.com/201 ... onald.html
R D Ronald
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”