• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Glorious Revolution

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Emperorbjt
The Great Gabsby

Glorious Revolution

Unread post

I finished "Our First Revolution : The Remarkable British Upheaval That Inspired America's Founding Fathers " by Michael Barone a few days ago and moved on and am well into to "1688 : The First Modern Revolution" by Steve Pincus.

Barone's book is more of a straight up history, but does take some positions. I found it to be well written and concise.

I would call the Pincus book more of an "argument". Pincus spells out his personal theory on what prompts revolutions in general and why the Glorious Revolution was so important not just for Britain, but for all the world.

It is very interesting and very detailed work but should only after one brushes up on the basic history of the event, as the author writes in a way that assumes the reader already knows basic facts. This is one of the reasons that I read Barone first.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”