• In total there are 35 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

A few words about libraries...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
reader2121
Experienced

A few words about libraries...

Unread post

If one can't afford a new book every week, and many of us can't including me then one shouldn't fret: borrow that book from the library. Why?

1) Extremely helpful staff
2) Free, free, free
3) Lengthy borrowing time
4) Large collection of books on hand

And the most impressive service: Your library can tap into a state wide database, so if your library doesn't have the book they'll order it for you from a nearby library. This is a free service, I believe.

Visit and support your local library.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Re: A few words about libraries...

Unread post

I loooove libraries. I'm pretty glad I can vote now too; Columbus Metropolitan's library has a levy in November because of the budget cuts earlier this year/last year (which meant firing people, cutting hours, closed on Sundays). I really hope it passes too, otherwise they say that half the libraries would be closed. ;-;

I've been going since I was a kid and discovered "I can read books FOR FREE!?!?" :lol:
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
NY152
Upwardly Mobile

Unread post

Thank you guys for those lovely posts. I am a libraian myself and yes reader2121, trying to find a book from a different library (interloaning is what we call it). Yes, please support your local libraries! :)
cliffball
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Having worked in one until last year(when I was part of the budget cut), they also offer free movies, e-book downloads through OverDrive, audiobook downloads, and the occasional author signing.
Author of The End Times Saga, a Christian fiction series. Visit my website to check them out.
Site/blog
Twitter
Facebook
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

I think our library has some sort of e-book thing too - I haven't looked into it because I don't have an ereader. :lol:
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
deep_blue
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

there are good online libraries as well

Return to “Everything Else”