• In total there are 12 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Trump is not a joke

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Re: Trump is not a joke

Unread post

youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

i hope it doesn't have to get much worse before it gets better :coco:

just my luck, planet of the thinky pain retards and i get stuck here, i better go and have even more fun quick while i still can :-D
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

It's bizarre in that it doesn't seem to matter what Trump does or doesn't do. His supporters are the same types of idiots that hang on Rush Limbaugh's every word. Limbaugh told his listeners that drug addicts are worthless and should all be thrown in prison and left to rot. Then it came out that he was a drug addict and did it matter to his followers? No. They had no criticism to offer. To their chosen leader goes all moral authority so that ANYTHING this person does MUST be right. This wouldn't be so bad if the person in question showed even a modicum of honor or intelligence but usually it's just some subhuman scumbag. It's a cult of personality and nothing more. They fixate on this person and that's it. They'll follow him into the pits of hell with both eyes wide open.

I just have to believe that most Americans simply will not vote for Trump. I have to believe that.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

i hear you DB and i feel it as well....

far canal :wtf2:
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Well, a few months ago, I said Trump wouldn't get the nomination. He still might not but I don't know how they can deny it to him at this point unless he melts down. But you figure with all the stupid shit he's said from day one that if he were going to melt down he would have done so by now. He's hooked that crowd who will follow him no matter what he says or does. I can't believe that most Americans buy into that but then I can't believe Trump is the top contender for the nomination to run for the office of the president of the United States.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

i stand aghast at the monumental, the colossal stupidity that has us looking at what we are seeing and just staggered by the sheer fuckedness of it.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

DB Roy wrote:Well, a few months ago, I said Trump wouldn't get the nomination. He still might not but I don't know how they can deny it to him at this point unless he melts down. But you figure with all the stupid shit he's said from day one that if he were going to melt down he would have done so by now. He's hooked that crowd who will follow him no matter what he says or does. I can't believe that most Americans buy into that but then I can't believe Trump is the top contender for the nomination to run for the office of the president of the United States.
The one slim hope?--that the commitment required to caucus in Iowa will deter Trump's supporters, who like to get loud at rallies, but will they want to sit through a couple of hours of caucusing? Has Trump built an organization in the state that will be able to get them out?

But it is looking depressingly positive for him, overall. In the last debate, he wasn't such a disaster, so now the pundits are talking about his growth and even statesmanship. Smart of him to start with nowhere to go but up, if it could have been a little intentional.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

But Trump has no plan of any sort. "We're gonna build a wall and make Mexico pay for it." I don't think so. I harbor grave doubts about that happening. The worst thing that could ever happen for Trump is to get into the White House. I don't see that happening. He's polling high in his party but his party was taken over by extremist idiots long ago who do not reflect what most Americans believe. I haven't yet met anyone in person who will admit to supporting Trump. I hope he does get the nomination because he can't win. He doesn't have a plan, he doesn't have any policy and he has absolutely no diplomacy. Other nations hate him. I think most Americans would recognize that he would be a disaster. The only thing so far that I seriously underestimated is just how far gone the republican party is. I knew they were a sinking ship but I admit to not realizing just how fast they are taking on water.
Last edited by DB Roy on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

DB Roy:
The only thing so far that I seriously underestimated is just how far gone the republican party is. I knew they were a sinking ship but I admit to not realizing just how fast they are taking on water.

True enough, also consider though the loss of ground on the Dem side as well, I mean, they did manage to lose congress over the last couple election cycles.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

well one things for sure, if the power elite don't want you to have the job you wont get it or won't keep it long if you do.

it'll be interesting in a macabre way.

Return to “Current Events & History”