• In total there are 86 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 85 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What Age Are You?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
heledd
Doctorate

Re: What Age Are You?

Unread post

I'm 56. Dwii I still do the things I did when I was twenty, but also still do the bad things. Some people just never learn.
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

"I'm as old as my tongue and just a little bit older than my teeth."
Kris Kringle
Miracle on 34th Street
deathscythe210
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

guess i'm another one for the younger ones, i'm 24
mywitastoundsme
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm younger and more inexperienced than all of you (I win), I'm 16.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

- Oscar Wilde
Penguin123
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I'm in my forties, I was 45 years old in October.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

mywit wrote:

Well, I am a mere fifty years older than you! And I am well into my second childhood. As the wondrous Bob Dylan so aptly put it, 'Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.,

It's lovely to meet you last three posters btw! Welcome, welcome, welcome to the big blue house!
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
mywitastoundsme
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Penelope wrote:
mywit wrote:

Well, I am a mere fifty years older than you! And I am well into my second childhood. As the wondrous Bob Dylan so aptly put it, 'Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.,

It's lovely to meet you last three posters btw! Welcome, welcome, welcome to the big blue house!

Haha, touche, a Dylan quote is never wasted on me. However, i think that since you have experienced some semblance of maturity, and I have never dared enter into such strange territory, I still win by default, lol.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

- Oscar Wilde
lady of shallot

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I am probably oldest in years (77) and younger in intelligence and experience than most of the members here.

However I do have 77 years of the experience of breathing in and out for those many days and remembering when life was quite different. It is better now but there are certain things that I regret the passing of. One of which (despite all the real societal ills then) is the loss of common everyday courtesies between all classes and conditions of people. The total lack of profanity in everyday speech, no one being called "you guys". However I would not trade that for what life is like now, but it would be nice to re-introduce some of those customs which could easily co-exist with the much greater social justices we now know.

Return to “Everything Else”