• In total there are 27 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Hunger Games!

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
witch love
Almost Comfortable

Re: Hunger Games!

Unread post

I have them all on my Kindle but haven't started them yet, as I am hung up on EAT PRAY LOVE, think I have read it 3 times.
I have heard good things about this series but I am nervous about reading them.
In light and love
Kay
-=--=--
I love life because, what more is there.
- Anthony Hopkins
MissAva387

Unread post

I read through all 3 books extremely fast because once you are in this world - you HAVE to know what happens next. I must admit I would have liked more out of the ending.. I'm glad the three main charcaters remained alive but I just feel like it cut short in some areas. Any other thoughts from those who have read it?
aracelip7
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

just finished the 3 books... i was expecting a kind of twilight version of an post apocaliptic world...but the author writing its pretty good and the plot its amazing..loved the books...hoping for a book club on this
twhitney
Official Newbie!

Unread post

What is the book about?
AnnaWins
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks for asking! I was thinking of reading these books. I think I'll give them a shot.
mywitastoundsme
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I actually just bought the whole hunger games trilogy on amazon, I figure if they're bad I can always sell them on ebay. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, god forbid, Suzanne Collins writes like Stephanie Meyer.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

- Oscar Wilde
deathscythe210
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

i finished the series a bit ago, i wasn't expecting much going into them, but i found i had a hard time putting them down once i got started.
javaduke95
Official Newbie!

Unread post

The books are quite engrossing in the way your typical YA genre can be. The surprise for me is how much additional issues the later Hunger Game books delve into in ways that Twilight and Harry Potter series do not. This can be either a distraction or a blessing depending on your point of view. Personally I finished the series over a 2-week span and thought the the idiosyncrasy added to the realism.
Currently reading: Thinking, Fast and Slow (Daniel Kahneman)
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
craftierthanfiction

Unread post

I think the books are great, you wont be disappointed. The ending is a bit of a debate, well for me it ended as is should and i am very satisfied but some readers don't like the ending
XxKiss_A_SkullXx
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Heads up the lower part of my post contains a spoiler for book three. Please don't read if you haven't finished the series, as I don't wish to ruin it for anyone.

I was a skeptic about reading the series, as I figured they were about food for some weird reason. That and when my younger sister described the series, it didn't really interest me. My sister kept nagging however and I'm glad she did, because I loved the series. To me it was unique and unlike anything I've ever read before, and I liked how it wasn't evolved around romance. The last book disappointed me only because I feel, it could have done with the epilogue. It would have ended perfectly otherwise. It was a bit slow paced and the (heads up spoiler), death of the antagonist was too quick and almost unbelievable. She spent so much time trying to go after the guy, and just to have him die so easily. Nonetheless I enjoyed the series it was great, and I enjoyed most of it's characters.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”