• In total there are 118 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 118 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hunger Games Movie

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Lynn Hardy
Getting Comfortable

Hunger Games Movie

Unread post

I've read the first book - it only took a day. It was a great read, if you can forget that the main character is a 16 year old girl. I'm looking forward to the movie and worried about how some of the scenes will come across all at the same time.

What do you think about the upcoming movie?
Hollywood Helps Homeless Families - Visit our facebook page to find out more: http://www.facebook.com/ProphecyOfTheFl ... 7036234062
AnnaWins
Getting Comfortable

Re: Hunger Games Movie

Unread post

I'm only assuming since the book is a young adult fiction book they'll dial back the action and violence (not that the book was violent). But the fact is the book is about kids killing kids and I'm worried they'll come up short on the tension by playing up the romance in order to bring the young girls in. We'll see. Hope it's good. I love a good romance but The Hunger Games was never really about that for me.
Terebithia
Getting Comfortable

Re: Hunger Games Movie

Unread post

AnnaWins wrote:I'm only assuming since the book is a young adult fiction book they'll dial back the action and violence (not that the book was violent). But the fact is the book is about kids killing kids and I'm worried they'll come up short on the tension by playing up the romance in order to bring the young girls in. We'll see. Hope it's good. I love a good romance but The Hunger Games was never really about that for me.

I was worried about them playing up the romance as well to bring in the "Twilight" Fans, but as I've been looking into it and reading on the IMDB forums about the movie, they are said to be doing a WONDERFUL job in staying very true to the book. Which is a relief.. because the second I saw "Team Peeta" and "Team Gale" shirts... I got scurred. LOL!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”