• In total there are 44 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Bonjour Ya'll. I'm Auggie!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Auggie
Official Newbie!

Bonjour Ya'll. I'm Auggie!

Unread post

Hello everyone. I'm very pleased to be making my first post on booktalk.

I am a 25 year old woman, currently back at Uni. working towards my second BA degree in French Language.

I hail from the same state that Ms. Charlaine Harris calls home.

I'm a hobby fanatic and every time I turn around there's something new and interesting to try. My main hobbies (the ones I've actually maintained) include reading, writing fiction and poetry, blogging, crochet, scrap booking, baking, home design, and language learning.

Books have always been one of my most favorite things. I'm open to trying new things but I am most interested in Myth Based fiction (Neil Gaiman, Rick Riordan, Diana Wynne Jones), Supernatural mystery/fiction/romance (Charlaine Harris, Ransom Riggs, Clive Barker), Historical/Culture fiction (Lisa See, Amy Tan, Pearl S. Buck), and Non-fiction based on Royal families, seduction in history, psychic experiences, metaphysics, and so on. I'm also interested in "Twisted" or "Dark" fiction. Clive Barker, Haruki Murakami, and Neil Gaiman are three great examples of authors I like for books in this category.

I've read all sorts of things. It's all based on what I find interesting or captivating at that moment. One book will interest me for weeks but when I finally go to purchase it I find that I'm no longer in the mood and get something completely different instead!

I came across BookTalk.Org while I was searching for online book club/ book review resources. I'm quite glad I did and I'm excited about getting the opportunity to poke about the forums.

Very very very nice to be here!

~A.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: Bonjour Ya'll. I'm Auggie!

Unread post

Hello and welcome Auggie. l also enjoy several of the authors you have mentioned. Murakami is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy your self here at BookTalk.org.
Rajesh
Wearing Out Library Card

Unread post

Hi, Auggie,
Welcome to Booktalk!!!
“Her blood is settled, and her joints are stiff;
Life and these lips have long been separated:
Death lies on her like an untimely frost
Upon the sweetest flower of all the field.”
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to the community. :-)
Auggie
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know my way around the forums!
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

Return to “Everything Else”