• In total there are 71 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

A closed door book?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Antrozous

A closed door book?

Unread post

Hi everyone!

I am a newly registered user. I didn't introduce myself in the dedicated forum because I am not actually quite sure if this is a good place for me or not - no offense to anyone, I just to hang out so much in forums..

But I was hoping for one thing when I registered: I was hoping I could find more of a specific type of book. I have just read a book called "mukashi bokuga shinda ie" (translated into French, my mother tongue). I am sorry. Couldn't find the English title anywhere on the Internet.

This books is (almost) entirely happening in a house, and I thought it was great. It reminded me of a movie called "Room 1408" that came out a few years ago, where the action took place solely in a hotel room. Since, I am desperately looking for other books that would happen in closed doors, but can't seem to find anything.

If anyone has an idea, I would be very glad to hear it.

Thank you in advance,

John.
arukiyomi
Master Debater

Re: A closed door book?

Unread post

that's a Japanese novel by Keigo Higashino. むかし僕が死んだ家 which could be translated as The House where I died long ago or My old House is Dead

anyway, as for closed doors novels, Coetzee's In the Heart of the Country takes place in one house and The Shining also comes to mind.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: A closed door book?

Unread post

"House of Leaves"

What is interesting about this book is the house is a character too.

Oh, "Rose Red" Steven King.

Welcome Antrozous :)

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”