• In total there are 40 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

The history of the Jews point to God existing. Jews exist.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Asana Bodhitharta

Re: Asana's now spewing hatred

Unread post

Quote:Yes, that statement is true but it fails to back up what you were saying earlier.Engaging in a homosexual act does not automatically make a person homosexual. In prison for example many straight men will engage in homosexual acts simply for the release of the sexual pressure, and then there is also experimentation. There are a host of other reasons why someone might engage in a homosexual act without being homosexual.Again you have lumped them all together when this is definitely not the case.Chris mentioned a grey area, you seem to like to leave it out.You are in agreement with me. First of all you admit thatsome may do homosexual acts simply for release so you admit that they are certainly choosing to engage in a homosexual act. the second point you agree on is that they can then choose to put it aside and not continue to be homosexual. So the person who engages, engages by choice and the person who refrains, refrains by choice. We are in agreement.Quote:The same is true when you point to a god. Its not there, I can't see it, can't touch it, can't feel it, can't measure it with instrumentation, the books that assert his existence are known to be flawed and many of the stories within are bad copies of older pagan mythology.Creative intelligence created you and mankind has creative intelligence. All animals do what they do from birth to birth and generation to generation. Somehow you think there were smarter apes and monkies or an intelligent apelike man or however you would like to describe the false ancestry of mankind. The bottom line is there is no animal remotely on a par with the intelligence of Man. Perhaps if you reflected a little more you would see the entire evident universe as the Truth Of GOD. You are like a fish in water saying "What water"?Quote:There is not a single shred of evidence to support your claim. Yet I am expected to just accept that there is something there. I simply cannot do that.The whole universe including your disbelief is evidence of GodQuote:Again this is not a choice; it is a reaction to your lack of evidence.Oh, I almost forgot, because I simply can't accept the illogical I am doomed to hell by the same entity that supposedly created me this way. now that's compassion for ya!God did not create you to deny Him(HU) He created you that you might be grateful. Are you at all grateful for any of the favors of your Lord? No, You are ungrateful!
Asana Bodhitharta

Re: Back to the sillyness!

Unread post

This is Franks Question in reverse.
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Quote:This is Franks Question in reverse. It is, word for word, I seriously checked it.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Yeah...but you did not use "Fucking Moron Standard" to translate the words FIRST!!Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!Mr. P's Bookshelf.The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Quote:Someone said that a true atheist cannot debate about God at all, since they would not debate about things like the Flying pink squid. How do you feel about that?I would debate the existence of Flying Pink Squid, if the followers of the FPS were invading every aspect of my life, including my bedroom. If FPS followers were trying to push their dogma into politics or coming to my door telling me that if I didn't follow the FPS I would end up in the pressures of the dark Abyss. Then yes I would try to show them how stupid their belief sounded to outsiders and ask them why they chose to ignore the real evidence supplied by more credible sources.One of the reasons that modern religions are being so harshly criticized is because they refuse to mind their own business.Later
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Quote:One of the reasons that modern religions are being so harshly criticized is because they refuse to mind their own business.When is the last time any religion asked you personally about your business.
Federika22

Back to the sillyness

Unread post

Quote:When is the last time any religion asked you personally about your business.I know you are addressing Frank, but I thought I'd mention that two ladies knocked on my door 3 days ago to ask me personally about my business. Quote:One of the reasons that modern religions are being so harshly criticized is because they refuse to mind their own business.Of course they refuse to mind their own business... They are COMMANDED not to mind it. The ones that mind their own business are not following the written instructions of the god they follow.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Back to the sillyness

Unread post

Federika22, me too! Last week two JW's knocked on my door. My God they screwed up! I talked to them for at least 30 minutes about the evils of their cult. It was the most fun I've had in months.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Quote:When is the last time any religion asked you personally about your business?Not a religion but religious inspired people.My wife's old pasture is constantly asking when we are going to have children. The last time was about a month ago. Not only do they know that I am an atheist but they know that we have no plans to ever have children. My wife's parents are very upset and bring up the subject often. But that is an ultimately meaningless question; Religions intrude in many other ways. Laws have been passed to control everything from sexy hot dog sales ladies, to what sexual position a person can engage in.We have religious spokespeople enter our neighborhood on a regular basis passing out pamphlets and asking to speak with people. I live in a closed community. Churches get special travel privileges in my area, which effects traffic for miles around on Sundays.Religious groups are trying to push unfounded unscientific ideas (I will not even say hypothesis) into public schools.Christianity is pushing to control our government, to create a theocracy. Religious groups are trying to ban gay marriage. Why, what business is it of theirs if two people in love want to get married? So what if they are the same gender. Its none of their business.Abortion... a private choice and not their business.Strip clubs... why does old lady Abigail care what happens on private property half way across the city?Ban Harry Potter books... Why?They spread lies about Science and Evolution. Many Christians are plain meddlesome and they have no right to tell me or anyone else how to live our lives.Later
Asana Bodhitharta

Re: Back to the sillyness

Unread post

Quote:Federika22, me too! Last week two JW's knocked on my door. My God they screwed up! I talked to them for at least 30 minutes about the evils of their cult. It was the most fun I've had in months. If you had fun, what's the problem?

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”