• In total there are 61 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

The history of the Jews point to God existing. Jews exist.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Asana Bodhitharta

Re: Back to the sillyness

Unread post

Quote:I know you are addressing Frank, but I thought I'd mention that two ladies knocked on my door 3 days ago to ask me personally about my businessNo, they asked did you have time to talk. All you had to do was say no thank you. No need to be rude.
Asana Bodhitharta

Re: Please give us some evidence!

Unread post

Quote:By saying that it is possible that god did not need a creator than you are saying that we did not need a creator. You have left the door open for the possibility that intelligent beings can exist without an intelligent creator. And to say that god simply is, is an opinion with not factual support. No, We have been created so we are the Questors. Remember the answer is never created it is only discovered, Endless questions are created to find out why the answer is what it is.There really is no opinion on this matter. Because, the fact is the answer will still be God by definition. Why? because ultimately If you go back far enough whatever is just is and whatever that was that made us be is the creator of all life even if it was a single atom which was the source in which all intelligence came forth from it is still God by definition.
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Quote:Jeemony ****ing toast! AsanaWhatever is a gay-bashing imbecile! ????
fleem

Unread post

How much more help do you need with simple, straightforward language?Here, I'll do it again:You, Asana, are a gay-bashing imbecile.Feel better now?
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Asana every definition of god that I can find uses the word being which implies a conscious entity. Your single atom does not fall into the category of a god/being. Just because you are willing to change the definition of words to suit your claim doesn't mean that the rest of us will.An atom is not god. Your belief without material support is just your opinion/delusion. Later
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Quote:An atom is not god. Your belief without material support is just your opinion/delusionYou are right an atom is not God, but I wonder, how can you say what God is not unless you know what God Must be?
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Quote:but I wonder, how can you say what God is not unless you know what God Must be? I have the definitions and descriptions provided by believers, of course these differ drastically. I also have a dictionary and have studied mythology extensively. I find it interesting that the definition of what constitutes a god has evolved over the years. It has become less defined, less humanlike, and more mysterious. This is how your god reacts to the wisdom of critical thinking, he becomes amorphous and hides.At any rate just because I know what a god should be gives no credit to its existence.Just as I know what a dragon should look and act like I know that they do not exist either.Later
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Evidence that you won't accept as evidence is a quandry to someone trying to explain to you what evidence is. Do you believe in astrology? Do you believe that the constellations are not really sort of drawn to look like the signs they represent?Do you believe in psychic detective work? It is a fact that police cases have been solved by psychics what do you think?
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Quote:I find it interesting that the definition of what constitutes a god has evolved over the years. It has become less defined, less humanlike, and more mysterious. This is how your god reacts to the wisdom of critical thinking, he becomes amorphous and hides.Frank, interesting point. I never considered this. I always thought it interesting that we no longer need, nor generally socially accept, multiple gods to explain different natural forces, because science does this well enough. However, looking back on my anecdotal experience with religion, god is even less a concrete concept than when I was a child. You speak with theists about god and even they will often laugh at the idea he is a white bearded man in the sky. That wasn't always true, even during my lifetime. As you assert, perhaps the Judeo/Christian god will go the way of the pagan gods. The more science explains, the less real it will seem. You make the pattern I missed seem obvious.
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Quote:Frank, interesting point. I never considered this. I always thought it interesting that we no longer need, nor generally socially accept, multiple gods to explain different natural forces, because science does this well enough. However, looking back on my anecdotal experience with religion, god is even less a concrete concept than when I was a child. You speak with theists about god and even they will often laugh at the idea he is a white bearded man in the sky. That wasn't always true, even during my lifetime. As you assert, perhaps the Judeo/Christian god will go the way of the pagan gods. The more science explains, the less real it will seem. You make the pattern I missed seem obvious. What you fail to understand is that God Almighty was never portrayed as a bearded man in the sky. In all the scriptures that pertain to God Almighty He is always beyond description. God is a spirit worship him in spirit and truth. In Islam and Judaism any type of physical description of God is dishonest and it was really that way in all Christendom until christianity went astray in the cases where denominations started calling Jesus God in the flesh. However calling Jesus God in the flesh did destroy a lot of pagan false gods, so perhaps God had it occur that way.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”