• In total there are 29 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

The real problem with Atheism.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: The real problem with Atheism.

Unread post

The quote of the day...Quote:Order does not equal intelligence
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'd appreciate if you created an Intro thread in the Member Introductions & Journals forum so we can get to know you better. How old are you? Are you male or female? Is English your native tongue? What is your educational background or current employment? Anything you want to share is fine. The point of that forum is so that we all have some background on who we're talking to.Quote:...so tell me did you expect to just intellectually roll over me?In all honesty you've been rolled over numerous times. Not just here on BookTalk, but on all those other forums that you frequent. You just don't see it. Isn't there a chance that the problem lies with you and not with all the forums that keep banning you?I have visited these other sites and I see a consistent theme. Every one of them is saying the exact same thing as we're saying. If I were you I'd explore the possibility that maybe these people knew something that I didn't. Set your ego aside and think about it. Everyone is expressing complete shock and bewilderment at the things you say and how you respond to other peoples comments. I don't think your assessment is accurate. I don't think you're seeing people unable to defend themselves with you. I really think what we have here is a perfect example of how an ignorant person doesn't have the intellect to know they're ignorant. You would benefit greatly by getting a copy of Evolution vs. Creationism and participating in our discussion.
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Just posted in the intro section.Quote:In all honesty you've been rolled over numerous times. Not just here on BookTalk, but on all those other forums that you frequent. You just don't see it. Isn't there a chance that the problem lies with you and not with all the forums that keep banning you?Can you show me one post in which I have been rolled over?The bizarre thing is the forums that did the banning, If you look carefully through the posts you will see that while they used all manner of insult and profanity and violated their own forum rules. I was banned for simply outcompeting them intellectually.Quote: have visited these other sites and I see a consistent theme. Every one of them is saying the exact same thing as we're saying.That't nothing to be proud of since they weren't saying much.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Quote:I was banned for simply outcompeting them intellectually.I am beyond words. You're actually delusional. I'll let Frank or someone else take this one.
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

I asked you to please show me one post in which I was rolled over intellectually.I represent God, you don't believe in God.However if you don't believe in God you should not have animosity regarding God either.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Quote:Exactly! So if I say God is the cause of intelligence, you cannot then suddenly say "you know" that is not true. Because ultimately, "you don't claim to know."I never said I knew I would like to see some evidence before committing to a line of thought however.Quote:Then how does adaptation take place?Random mutation. Quote:Unless a conscious being put these laws into motion. Right!?Possibly, again I would like to see some evidence for this line of thought, it could as easily been a Galactic chicken fart that set everything into motion.Quote:Then how are you detecting and defining what is a byproduct of intelligence and what is not. We define what is by what is not. Am I right? Honestly, am I right?We, mankind make up these definitions, plain and simple. The only intelligence behind these elements is ours, used to define what we see around us.In a sense you could say humans created order because we defined what is orderly and what is not. Quote:Then what qualifies something as intelligence?To have Intelligence in my opinion one must first be conscious, and have decision making abilities; the ability to learn is another key component. Application of acquired knowledge and being capable of rational thought are also good descriptions. Quote:Is our ability to communicate with words through a computer a sign of intelligence?Sure, but I say again, our intelligence could simply be a product of evolution and until I see some evidence to the contrary I see no reason to suddenly believe in invisible spiritual space gods.Later
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Chris...I know you have to be PC because you own this community...but we cannot keep entertaining these idiots. Get rid of him.Please. We have enough people here that believe that actually make a modicum of sense about the issues we discuss...this type of shit we do not need and I do not feel that I have to accept this crap in order to be a freethinker. Just my opinion, of course!Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Exactly! So if I say God is the cause of intelligence, you cannot then suddenly say "you know" that is not true. Because ultimately, "you don't claim to know."
Holy crap is that all we need to do? Well then I say teeth are the cause of intelligence. Think about it, babies aren't that intelligent when they are born. Then their teeth start coming in and they get a bit smarter. By the time they have fully developed language skills and are beginning to develop reasoning skills they lose their baby teeth and get a set of adult teeth. Now this batch of teeth sets them up for a life of intelligence. But then as people get to their later stages they begin to lose their teeth (and, likewise, some of their intelligence slips a bit too). We even have teeth named wisdom. And not to point fingers but the type of people who appear on the Jerry Springer show, you know the pond-scum suckers of society, I think we can all agree they are on the lower end of the intelligence scale, right? And what else are they missing...TEETH . Can you prove me wrong?Personally I think, just because you say or believe something doesn't make it right or a reasoned argument. I find it amusing I've been lurking on this website for a few months now, reading very reasoned and thought-provoking ideas from both theist and atheists, and it is this absurdity that finally drives me to post something. Sorry if there are any technical errors that occur in my post, this is the first time I've used the ezboard format.
phiend

Unread post

Yes folks, you too can base your entire belief system on the simple fact that you can't prove a negative.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Great argument about the teeth thing!! LOLPlease stick around and start joining in the discussion. One thing that bothers me is when really intelligent and humorous people lurk without joining in...because we have been missing your POV, which I feel would be a boon to the community!Welcome aboard.Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”