• In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

W.G.Sebald

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
afv

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Official Newbie!

W.G.Sebald

Unread post

Is anyone reading books by W.G. Sebald? If so, any comments?

About Sebald from Wikipedia:
W. G. (Winfried Georg) Maximilian Sebald (18 May 1944, Wertach im Allgäu – 14 December 2001, Norfolk, England) was a German writer and academic. At the time of his death at the age of 57, he was being cited by many literary critics as one of the greatest living authors and had been tipped as a possible future winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature. In a 2007 interview, Horace Engdahl, former secretary of the Swedish Academy, mentioned Sebald, Ryszard Kapuściński and Jacques Derrida as three recently deceased writers who would have been worthy laureates.[1]
Toobi
Getting Comfortable

Re: W.G.Sebald

Unread post

I just got done reading "Rings of Saturn" a few weeks back. I really enjoyed it. Good writing style, good story, good plot and characters. I would deff pick up another book written by Sebald. Wasn't bad at all
afv

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Official Newbie!

Re: W.G.Sebald

Unread post

Toobi wrote:I just got done reading "Rings of Saturn" a few weeks back. I really enjoyed it. Good writing style, good story, good plot and characters. I would deff pick up another book written by Sebald. Wasn't bad at all
If you liked Rings of Saturn you should read read Austerlitz, in my opinion his best novel.Also The Immigrants is excellent

Return to “What are you currently reading?”