• In total there are 30 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

A series of Questions

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Asana Bodhitharta

Re: A series of Questions

Unread post

Quote:So if, let's say, you did find out there is no god...you would start killing the rest of us?You are a scary fuck as(s)!Mr. P. No, I would be Mr. Pessimistic
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Quote:uh...'YOUR species'...and which species are you from? Well, it at least makes me happier to know you are not one of my species!!! I am in a coffee shop and literally laughed out loud when I read this Mr.P. You made my afternoon! Quote:You are a fucking idiot. What the fuck are you talking about asshole? Molesting young boys has nothing to do with being an atheist and everything to do with denying normal human needs by wrapping a fucking retarded religion around life...or is it that people are sometimes sick...like yourself?Mr.P, calm down; Asna got confused here. She meant to say the gays are the ones who molest young boys. Right Asna, atheists kill, gays molest.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I do have to calm down...but I have absolutely NO tolerance for this crap. I mean, this guy (it is a male BTW) makes even extremist christians look bad.Glad I made you laugh!! That is a goal of mine for each day I live...to make someone laugh. Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Quote:Glad I made you laugh!! That is a goal of mine for each day I live...to make someone laugh. Mr. P.That is a very good goal.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

AsanaOk, you say I cannot know the difference between right and wrong because I'm an atheist?That's ridiculous. I have spent 5 months out of the last 2 years helping people in Louisiana. I do it because it is the right thing to do, not because some invisible character says that I should.My values were shaped by my parents, karate, and the US army. I have endured 3 church services in my lifetime; all were after I became an adult. Being selfish does not make sense to me even without religion. I have always shared my belongings with my friends and family, this has always seemed natural to me. But my values were definitely not shaped by religion. I do the right thing because it makes me feel good to help people in need, even if I have to suffer slightly to make it happen.So either I know right from wrong or I am lying. Which do you think? Later
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Quote:AsanaOk, you say I cannot know the difference between right and wrong because I'm an atheist?That's ridiculous. I have spent 5 months out of the last 2 years helping people in Louisiana. I do it because it is the right thing to do, not because some invisible character says that I should.My values were shaped by my parents, karate, and the US army. I have endured 3 church services in my lifetime; all were after I became an adult. Being selfish does not make sense to me even without religion. I have always shared my belongings with my friends and family, this has always seemed natural to me. But my values were definitely not shaped by religion. I do the right thing because it makes me feel good to help people in need, even if I have to suffer slightly to make it happen.So either I know right from wrong or I am lying. Which do you think? LaterA. Why do you feel the need to do the right thing?B. Are your parents Atheist?
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Quote:A. Why do you feel the need to do the right thing?I get a feeling when helping my fellow man that I find stirring, I get the same exhilarating feeling when I fight as well, but I choose to discriminate between the two emotions because helping people fills my need as a social animal and hurting people alienates me. Quote:A. Are your parents Atheist?No, but my adoptive father is Jewish and a convicted criminal, my mother was a non practicing Christian, religion was never discussed and morality was confused in my household. My personal ideals were as much a result of bad examples as of good ones.On one side I had my father; he is a "the ends justify the means and personal wealth equals happiness" kind of man. He recently went to jail because of his greed. My mother is now a born again Christian, but during my childhood she was more of a nature believer, she would have called herself spiritual but not religious.I did not know that Christmas had anything to do with Jesus until I was in my teens. I saw the mangers and heard the songs but I just never cared enough to appreciate what they were talking about. The fact is that none of this stuff was really ever discussed when I was growing up. Frankly I had no interest in religion anyway. Later
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

I'm sure your mother prays for you often. You do have a certain godliness brewing underneath the surface.I have given a prayer challenge to an Atheist on another forum board, the result is he has turned away from atheism.Will you be willing to do a scientific experiment and take the prayer challenge?
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Quote:Will you be willing to do a scientific experiment and take the prayer challenge? I would, if it is truly scientific and not some form of theist trickery to get me into church and I am not going to pray if thats what you are asking.
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Quote:I would, if it is truly scientific and not some form of theist trickery to get me into church and I am not going to pray if thats what you are asking. Yes, I was asking you to say a certain prayer. Why would you resist this challenge, when if there is no God the test will prove non-fruitful.Think about it. If you want to know the truth, take the challenge and see for yourself(All praises due to God)

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”