• In total there are 18 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

LESSONS FROM HEAVEN - Greetings from author Joseph David Clark

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
dontworrybehappy2012
Official Newbie!

LESSONS FROM HEAVEN - Greetings from author Joseph David Clark

Unread post

Hello fellow Book Talk members!

I hope this message finds you well. And a special thanks to the organizers of Book Talk.org for providing this opportunity for us to interact. I am a 42 year old male, married with 4 children. We live on a 44 acre horse ranch North of Stratford, Ontario.
I wrote a book called "Lessons From Heaven" which hit the stores three weeks ago. The book is similiar to "The Shack" and Mitch Albom's books. Here is the description:

On the eve of making a major life affecting decision, Sam, a troubled young man, meets his father's ghost at a desolate crossroads. Whereupon he is taken to an old turn of the century schoolhouse where he becomes a student for an afternoon to some of history's most noble and enlightened characters.

Imagine spending an afternoon conversing with history's most enduring messengers including Aesop, Buddha, Confuscious, Jesus Christ, and others. What would you ask? What would you do with the wisdom they shared with you?

"In a skilled, insightful and creative way, Joseph David Clark provides us a most compelling opportunity to grasp the fundamental and enduring truths of our physical and spiritual existence in the face of the hurt, discouragement and anger that can so easily preoccupy us all. This not-so-fictional story is an engaging, essential primer for all in attendance at the schoolhouse of life - what matters, and what it means.”

Chris Kelly, Senior Program Consultant, The Dalai Lama Center for Peace and Education, Former Superintendent of Schools and CEO of Vancouver School Board

I invite you to check out more on my book at www.lessonsfromheaven.ca
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: LESSONS FROM HEAVEN - Greetings from author Joseph David Clark

Unread post

4. If you're an author or publisher do NOT tell us about your books in this forum
We have forums specifically for suggesting books, and this is not one of them. If you spam this forum your account will either be deleted or banned.
Your post is being moved to the appropriate forum.
Casey2012
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Thanks for the information, even though you posted in the wrong place. Your books sounds very interesting. I don't know too many people who do not want to go back in history and meet a few people. Of course we would all choose different individuals, some authors naturally.

I doubt if time travel will be reached in my lifetime, but I don't discount the possibility. If it was available, I bet the lines would be real long!!!! And of course like anything else new, really expensive.

But imagine if we could talk with people from history and see what they were really thinking and see what was really happening at any given time. I am not discounting the importance of written history, but one thing I learned as a major of history in college is that most work is based on the viewpoints of the author and what research materials available at the time. It certainly will never take the place of hearing from the real authors or others.
dontworrybehappy2012
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I agree completely. That is the true splendor in writing this book. I cannot speak for AESOP, or Buddha, Confuscious, or Jesus, however what they reveal to the main character is in line with their philosophies as they wrote them or as their oracles recorded them. So the fun part was doing the research on their teachings, and then incorporating them into the lessons which they teach the fallable character in the book. In point of fact it is not my view point as the author so much as it is their view points as they have already taught them, however the nuances in their behaviour, what they wear, how they speak and how they choose to take form is of the author's discretion. Thanks for your post!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”