• In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Olivia22
Freshman

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

7th Heaven by James Patterson
Casey2012
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Have read all the series for Anita Blake, but not the most recent. I like her quite a bit and have read on her website that there was little faith in her initial writing and she just could not get publisher's interest!!! Hard to imagine now.
Olivia22
Freshman

Unread post

Casey2012 wrote:Have read all the series for Anita Blake, but not the most recent. I like her quite a bit and have read on her website that there was little faith in her initial writing and she just could not get publisher's interest!!! Hard to imagine now.

That's hard to imagine. I've read all the Anita Blake books and love them! Have you read LKH's other series, Merry Gentry?
Casey2012
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Yes, all the Merry Gentry too. I do like her. I think she is very talented. I look forward to her books. Wish she would write faster, but then the quality might suffer so guess she should just go at the pace that will maintain her art. So many authors get lost in the money deal. She seems very independent from her website information so probably not.
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

Just finished 'Angel' by Sebastian Michael, and really enjoyed it. Also reading Bel Ami and think I have a dud translation cos its not very good. And also struggling to keep my eyes open while reading this months non fiction 'Thinking fast and slow'. Puts me to sleep every time. Not a bad thing as I usually read at night
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
March-Hare
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Just finished Cambridge Companion to German Idealism edited by Ameriks, but it's still in reading pile since I will be going back into a few of the essays. Almost finished Personality Type by Thomson. Just started Introduction to German Philosophy: From Kant to Habermas by Bowie. Still in reading pile is Thinking Fast and Slow by Kahneman. Added to reading pile this morning is Philosophy as a Way of Life by Hadot.
CLB0700
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Fifty Shades Freed. :mrgreen:
karend2007
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I started 'Don Quixote' by Cervantes yesterday. It's a book that has been sitting on my bookshelf for months now and I have never had the courage to start reading it, due to its size and the fact that it intimidates me slightly. However so far, I'm quite enjoying it.
“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”- Groucho Marx
Sonia Galloway
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I'm reading "Argent" by Emile Zola.
Historical Romance Author
http://soniagalloway.com/
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

karend2007 wrote:I started 'Don Quixote' by Cervantes yesterday. It's a book that has been sitting on my bookshelf for months now and I have never had the courage to start reading it, due to its size and the fact that it intimidates me slightly. However so far, I'm quite enjoying it.
I read it recently; here's to good luck! I just finished Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been told how I should like Vonnegut for years now and, finally, it's happened. I had tried 4 or 5 Vonnegut novels previously and only finished Slaughterhouse-Five. I'm currently reading Player Piano. It's funny how what was once dry and uninviting now holds great interest. Of course it works the other way too. I can't imagine revisiting the Tarzan of the Apes series.
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham

Return to “What are you currently reading?”