• In total there are 78 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 77 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

London 2012 - The Olympic Thread

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Re: London 2012 - The Olympic Thread

Unread post

karen, I don't know what I meant by genuine.

I think it is 'fellow-feeling' between the competitors - much more evident in the paralympics than in the Olympics proper.

The competitors seemed to be genuinely pleased for one another, and delighted with any shade of medal.

I am perhaps mistaken. I haven't watched so very much, not being a great sports fan.
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
karend2007
Almost Comfortable

Re: London 2012 - The Olympic Thread

Unread post

Penelope wrote:karen, I don't know what I meant by genuine.

I think it is 'fellow-feeling' between the competitors - much more evident in the paralympics than in the Olympics proper.

The competitors seemed to be genuinely pleased for one another, and delighted with any shade of medal.
I am perhaps mistaken. I haven't watched so very much, nt being a great sports fan.
Oh yes I agree, there has been a sense of cameraderie (sp!?) between competitors. In fact, I think that all of the Olympics/Paralympics althetes have shown what true sportsmanship is really about.
“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”- Groucho Marx

Return to “Everything Else”