• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
karend2007
Almost Comfortable

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

[/quote]I read it recently; here's to good luck! [/quote]

Thanks, I'm actually starting to change my mind about this book, since yesterday. What once was an amusing sotry, could border on the ridiculous. I hope I can make it through to the end.
“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”- Groucho Marx
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

I just finished We The Living by Ayn Rand. I found it to be much better written and more enjoyable than her other fiction. She was only in her 20's when she wrote it and her passion shows.
Autumn Conley
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I am a book editor, so I am always reading something - most of which has not been published yet. The book I most recently had the privilege of editing was one co-authored by my husband, WE ALL FALL DOWN: THE TRUE STORY OF THE 9/11 SURFER (www.911surfer.com for more info). It has truly been an amazing experience to get to know Pasquale Buzzelli through the writing and editing of his story, and I recommend this book to anyone - not only because I edited and my husband co-authored it - but because it is truly touching. It's only in eBook now, but the print edition is coming soon.
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

Thanks, I'm actually starting to change my mind about this book, since yesterday. What once was an amusing sotry, could border on the ridiculous. I hope I can make it through to the end.
It could have used an editor with a blowtorch, that's for sure. But I did enjoy reading it, and there are some gems of insight to be found in it. If you haven't made it to "the impertinent curiosity" you've got a real treat ahead - a book within a book! Well I'm allmost through with Player Piano and I think I'll continue revisiting my Vonnegut books, I'll probably go with Slaughterhouse-Five next.
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
March-Hare
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

I'm moving on to Jung's Psychological Types. It's sort of a genetic account of how he developed his theory of the cognitive functions obscured by the fact that it's embedded in a review of prior literature on the subject.
Sonia Galloway
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

"le fil d'or" (the golden thread) by Henry Greville
Historical Romance Author
http://soniagalloway.com/
Bobbyj
Official Newbie!

Unread post

"a crossing or the drop's history" by Anatoliy Obraztsov. Nice book! Very captivating! I always find spiritual books are difficult for me, but this one is a good exeption!
wave1188
Official Newbie!
United States of America

Unread post

i just finished "Domain" by Steve Alten
stefanief13
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst. Anyone read it? Just started but it seems like it would make a great discussion book.
March-Hare
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Still working on Psychological Types. Recently picked up some books of Holderlin's poetry and essays. From this batch started reading Leaves of Mourning: Holderlin's Late Work. It's referential to the point where I'm finding it impenetrable.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”