• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

The Jesus Myth: A Quick Study

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Doulos
Asleep in Reading Chair

Re: The Jesus Myth: A Quick Study

Unread post

ivrydov wrote:You've lost me. I have no problem with facts.

I'm from Canada too by the way.
Nice. Where in Canada? Like "most" people, I'm in Toronto.

What I meant is that if you were serious about checking facts, that line of research might yield results which would challenge your assertion.

What got you going on this topic anyway?
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

ivrydov wrote:But in Europe everyone hated everyone else.
:lol:

good old hatred, the sooner we direct it aginst ignorance rather than other humans the sooner we'll be harder to lead into a gunfight.
Doulos
Asleep in Reading Chair

Unread post

ivrydov wrote:
Doulos wrote:
ivrydov wrote:You've lost me. I have no problem with facts.

I'm from Canada too by the way.
Nice. Where in Canada? Like "most" people, I'm in Toronto.

What I meant is that if you were serious about checking facts, that line of research might yield results which would challenge your assertion.

What got you going on this topic anyway?
Saint John, New Brunswick.
I still don't understand the question. You have to be more specific.
Interest in history.
Nice. Haven't made my way that far East yet, but we're hoping to in the near future. I've some good friends in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland who are worth a visit.

My comment was in regards to your posts:
"The New Testament is a Greek book written by Greeks for Greeks. It was put together around that time"
and also
"There were no Jews in Israel involved in the creation of the myth or the movement. Paulus seems to have been a Jew, but that's it. He was an assimilated outsider."

You make the statement that no Jews were involved, and you mention in your abstract the concept of Greek and Hebrew speaking communities and their geographic separation. You may want to explore the subject of ostraca from the period in question. Your underlying assumption would be put in doubt if archeological finds had turned up Greek ostraca in areas you categorize as Hebrew, and to some degree vice versa.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”