• In total there are 56 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Fighting the Storm (Cageside Chronicles) UFC & MMA series

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Jarrahloh
Getting Comfortable

Fighting the Storm (Cageside Chronicles) UFC & MMA series

Unread post

Introducing my first book in a new series for young adult readers – and fans of UFC & MMA!

Cageside Chronicles
Tommy Knuckles Trilogy: Book 1

Fighting the Storm

by Jarrah Loh

This is the fiction book series that UFC and MMA fans have been waiting for.

And this is where the Cageside Chronicles series starts.

The saga begins with the lonely Mexican teenager, Tommy, who has been beaten up his whole life. Just when he thinks nothing will ever change, ghosts emerge from his dead father’s past, and suddenly a different world appears as he learns to fight, in and out of the cage. His new life will take him across the border to the homeland of his father, and into the famed cages of Las Vegas.

You can read this book in the Cageside Chronicles series right now on Kindle, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Sony and all good e-readers.

For more info, check out www.jarrahloh.com

About the author (me!)
Jarrah Loh is the author of the HarperCollins book Ultimate: The Complete Guide to UFC and Mixed Martial Arts and is also the creator of the fiction book series that MMA and UFC fans have been waiting for: Cageside Chronicles.

He is the editor of Australia’s number-one Mixed Martial Arts magazine, Inside MMA (in association with FIGHT! USA) and also the editor of the world’s leading and longest running kickboxing/Muay Thai magazine, International Kickboxer.
Last edited by Jarrahloh on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
The fiction book series that UFC & MMA fans have been waiting for!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Fighting the Storm (Cageside Chronicles) UFC & MMA series

Unread post

Thanks for sharing your book with us.

I'm a casual fan of MMA but couldn't name more than a few fighters. Kimbo Slice comes to mind but he is a street fighter and I'm not sure he is even in the game still.

I've got a friend who used to be a professional wrestler. We got into a few debates about how he thought MMA was just as fake and rigged as pro wrestling. I kept explaining that he really needs to watch it because it is clear the fists, elbows and knees are really connecting in MMA. He kept arguing that you cannot put too grown men in a ring and let them fight without there being deaths but with padded fists and rules and a good ref it does seem to work.
Jarrahloh
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:Thanks for sharing your book with us.
I've got a friend who used to be a professional wrestler. We got into a few debates about how he thought MMA was just as fake and rigged as pro wrestling. I kept explaining that he really needs to watch it because it is clear the fists, elbows and knees are really connecting in MMA. He kept arguing that you cannot put too grown men in a ring and let them fight without there being deaths but with padded fists and rules and a good ref it does seem to work.
Hey Chris, good to hear from you.

Yes, that is a most ridiculous assumption. We are talking about tens of thousands of people around the globe training and living in the martial arts industry.
It is a little insulting to them.
Fortunately, out of the movies, people prove to be quite resilient to psychical abuse ;)
Especially since they are usually doing three rounds, as apposed to up to 15+ in boxing!

Although, in the past, especially in Japan, there have been times where pro wrestling and MMA have crossed borders.
Image Image Image
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

If you mail me a copy I'll advertise it on our Home page for 15+ days and permanently on our "Featured Books" page.

I watch every opportunity I get but the wasted time between fights drives me nuts. I like to record them and then fast-forward through the crap. The sport is amazing to me.

http://www.booktalk.org/authors-publishers.html
Jarrahloh
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:If you mail me a copy I'll advertise it on our Home page for 15+ days and permanently on our "Featured Books" page.

I watch every opportunity I get but the wasted time between fights drives me nuts. I like to record them and then fast-forward through the crap. The sport is amazing to me.

http://www.booktalk.org/authors-publishers.html
Sure, I record almost all of them and fast forward etc.

It's only on Kindle/eBook now, but I am happy to give you a copy if you're still interested in reading.
Image Image Image

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”