• In total there are 32 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Hello

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
JustinL87
Getting Comfortable

Hello

Unread post

Hi everyone i'm brand new here and just found this site. I am a 25 year old guy. I live in Florida, I was born in North Carolina(best state I have been to) but I was an Air Force brat through high school and have lived in North Carlonia-Okinawa, Japan-Kansas-Maryland and Florida.

Hobbies are too many to list so i will just say redneck stuff plus video games, reading and writing. Interests are: pyschology, emergency medicine(Im a medic), politics-Libertarian Party, foreign cultures and languages-Im trying to teach myself German, cooking, movies-mainly horror, heavy metal music, mythology and religion, history, biology- mainly evolutionary.

I like sci-fi, fantasy and horror books. I also love non fiction books about wars written by people who experienced them. I think my favorite author is Steve Alten, so far I haven't read a book of his that I didn't love.

I found this site through google.
Check out my new author blog!

http://www.thresholdnovelpart1.blogspot.com/
MaryLupin

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Re: Hello

Unread post

hey JustinL87 - what a great intro to yourself. Why Alten instead of some other writer in that genre? And your interest in evolutionary biology is cool. What have you read in that area and what are some of your key thoughts about it?
I've always found it rather exciting to remember that there is a difference between what we experience and what we think it means.
JustinL87
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Ive liked Alten since Meg. I like sharks and Meg is like Jaws on steroids. Evolutionary biology just interests me, its like the logical alternative to Genesis, I was raised Catholic and learning about evolution is like a breath of fresh air.

MaryLupin

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

JustinL87 wrote:like Jaws on steroids.
all i have to say to that is - gack - not my cup of tea i'm afraid
JustinL87 wrote:Evolutionary biology just interests me, its like the logical alternative to Genesis, I was raised Catholic and learning about evolution is like a breath of fresh air.
I knew a man that gravitated to biology after he realized that (in his words) "his faith was lie". He told me he had to sneak away to go read evolution and biology books in the library so no one from his family or community would see him entering the library and the dreaded "science" stacks.

Are you reading anything particular right now that is in the field of evolutionary biology?

I always admired him for the courage.

Nice to see you here.
I've always found it rather exciting to remember that there is a difference between what we experience and what we think it means.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to the community. :-)
JustinL87
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

@mary

No im not reading anything on the subject right now but i might check out the bio section next time i go to the library

I look through my textbooks every now and then when im bored though, they have some good info in them

Return to “Everything Else”