• In total there are 50 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What Made Today Good

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Olivia22
Freshman

Re: What Made Today Good

Unread post

Yesterday was the best Halloween ever! My mom's haunted house made $2,565 for charity. My friend's party was awesome! She did a vampire theme (that's why I ended up dressing like Sookie). She had these great cocktails, she bought some True Blood soda and mixed it with vodka and absinthe. They were tasty but I'm feeling it today. Lol. Plus my boyfriend surprised me by dressing like Eric from True Blood. He wasn't going to at first because he thinks couple costumes are too cutesy.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

Olivia:

That absinthe is powerful stuff, I believe. Not making today good for you! :D

Your Mum did amazingly well though, didn't she?
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Olivia22
Freshman

Unread post

Penelope

My mom did a great job! This is the best haunted house she's ever done. I'm very proud of her. :D

Absinthe is strong. I recommend only drinking it in small amounts. I didn't know what was in the cocktails until I had already drank 2! My head is pounding today.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Today is very good:

To the Republicans who said they will move to Australia if Obama won:

Australia has universal health care, compulsary voting, no guns, no death penalty, pro-choice when it comes to contraception, openly gay poliicians and judges, evolution is taught in all schools, and our female PM is an unmarried atheist.

Be sure to declare your pitchforks at Tullamarine.

One up for Oz!! The only bloody sensible one among us.... :congrats4:
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

Rafael Sabatini
Olivia22
Freshman

Unread post

I took my cousin out for his 21st birthday last night. I promised I would buy him his first drink... believe it or not he's never tried alcohol before. He's such a good kid. Anyway, he said he wanted a long island ice tea. I warned him that it was really strong and that he probably wouldn't like it. He said, and these are his exact words I will never forget them "I can handle it. I'm a man now." He took two sips of the drink made the funniest face and said there was no way he could finish drinking it. So I drank the long island ice tea and he had a strawberry daiquiri.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Penelope: I was in Austraila back in 1992; I loved the place, but Sydney was just anothe big city. Wish I could have seen more or the Outback.

From what I know of Aussies, I have a feeling the 'No guns' laws are ignored outside the big cities.

BTW, I thought you lived in the UK.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Olivia wrote:

believe it or not he's never tried alcohol before.
Awe, bless him.

There was usually sherry or port left over after Christmas and my Mum used to give me a glass before I set out for school. I had quite a walk because I lived on the Moors, and Mum thought it would keep out the cold and consequently, alcohol never held any mistique for me.

I never went into a pub without my husband though, because Mum said only prostitutes went into pubs alone. :P
Cattleman wrote:

BTW, I thought you lived in the UK.
I do live in the UK, Cattleman. But the Republicans weren't threatening to come here!!!!

I was just quoting from a piece some one left on my facebook page. I thought it might be appreciated on here.

Rafael Sabatini
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

My baby said:

"Ba. nananananananana."
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Olivia22
Freshman

Unread post

johnson- Aw... was it your baby's first word?
jaywalker
Experienced

Unread post

I heard that my best friend G. is no longer missing. The police search is off. What a wonderful feeling.

Return to “Everything Else”