• In total there are 53 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

MushyMushroom Says Hello

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
MushyMushroom
Official Newbie!

MushyMushroom Says Hello

Unread post

Just came across this site by googling soomething like "book disscussion."

I'm a young Norwegian guy, who has rediscovered a lost passion for reading, which was somewhat neglected in part due to things PC and playstation, maybe others can relate to that =)
I hope to find a community to have friendly and intelligent conversations about books with.
I'm interested in science, history, and philosophy, so lately I've mainly been reading non-fiction of that nature.
But I would like to get into reading more fiction, and I'd be open to most suggestions.
I read mainly English literature, and interest for Norwegian literature is probably limited here anyway, but if anyone is learning Norwegian, or whatever, and are looking for something Norwegian to read, I could maybe help =)

Also, Ended up buying my first kindle recently, which felt kind of blasphemus at first, but I found it to be a very convenient and enjoyable little thing once I tried it.

So.. Hope this makes for a decent introduction.
Last edited by MushyMushroom on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olivia22
Freshman

Re: MushyMushroom Says Hello

Unread post

Welcome mushymushroom! You have the best user name ever! Seriously I love it! I think you'll love it here. There are general discussion sections of the board that focus on Philosophy, Science, and I believe there is one for history. Since you're interested in that stuff you should check them out. Don't feel too bad about the Kindle. I have one too and I love it.
MushyMushroom
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Thank you for the welcome, figoured I'd get a fitting avatar too xD
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

"...who has rediscovered a lost passion for reading."

I love to hear this! It is never too late to rekindle a love for reading. You'll fit in well here and I do hope you stick around.

Welcome to the community. :-)
tbarron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Unread post

"It is never too late to re-Kindle a love for reading." Good one, Chris! :)
Tom

Return to “Everything Else”