• In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

RayDawn says hi from Wet West Scotland, UK!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
RayDawn
Official Newbie!

RayDawn says hi from Wet West Scotland, UK!

Unread post

Hello everybody,

I just joined tonight, and finally stumbled on where to say hi. I'm mainly a secretary but this kind of computer stuff isn't exactly my strong point!

I used to read loads commuting to work in London on packed tube trains, but that was many moons ago and life changes. Still, I keep snatching a bit of time here and there... At the moment I'm reading Bill Bryon's "A Short History of Nearly Everything". It's funny, it's amazingly informative, and it's been fascinating nearly all the way so far. I read bits of everything - general fiction, craft, gardening, science (for very lay people :wink: )), history - whatever catches my eye in charity shops. It interests me to try new stuff and have the opportunity to discuss it with people.

Interests? In no particular order - swimming, gardening (I do it for part of my living, and you have to love it given the weather here!), craft work, cycling, reading.

For the last eighteen months I've also worked as secretary to a paediatrician with a particular interest in children with cerebral visual impairment. It's complex and fascinating, and I'm learning all the time...

I googled online book clubs and found you. Oh, and I'm female.

Bye for now.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: RayDawn says hi from Wet West Scotland, UK!

Unread post

Hello and welcome RayDawn!
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: RayDawn says hi from Wet West Scotland, UK!

Unread post

Welcome RayDawn. :D Always glad to see new members. We are a diverse group, and have many interests and viewpoints. Jump right in and don't be shy. :wink:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “Everything Else”