• In total there are 41 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Belief in God

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Re: Pascal's Wager

Unread post

Quote:Jeremy!!! When have you been!?Welcome back!Getting divorced, coming out, the usual gay midlife stuff. Thank you! If you make yourself really small, you can externalize virtually everything. Daniel Dennett, 1984
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Mad:What is the irony...I am a little drunk now so forgiveme if I miss the obvious...Belief in God? Pascal's Wager?Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

Unread post

Discussing a possible evolutionary basis of homosexuality in a thead titled 'Belief in God'I dunno.Actually, not to be a nazi, but further posts on the matter should probably go in the science forum. Let us agree, there is no one single reality. Not upon this stage, not in this world, all is in the mind... imagination is the only truth. Because it cannot be contradicted except by other imaginations - Richard MathesonThere are no conclusive indications by which waking life can be distinguished from sleep - Rene Descartes
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Science Forum

Unread post

We should discuss this in the science forum; that is why I created that thread. Mr. P.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Re: Science Forum

Unread post

A more appropriate subject for this thread might be whether or not God made certain people gay. But who am I to condemn tangents? On that particular count, I disbarred from casting the first stone.
Anjolika

Re: Belief in God

Unread post

Hi, I'm new and first of all, thank you for all the insight and "food for thought" that your discussion has given me. In fact, that's what made me interested in joining.I must say that the whole fuss about "God" puzzles me. Most Christians I have met, no offense intended, get very defensive when you ask about their religion and how they explain controversial facts. After a couple of hours I usually ended up with the "well, better safe than sorry" attitude. That is very sad, especially since I grew up and lived in a communistic country all my live and have never really understood the need for a supernatural parent figure. Anyway, thanks again for a couple of hours well spend.Kate
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I am very happy about how much conversation this topic has generated over the past year!I am glad you enjoyed it and glad to have you aboard!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
StarlightCode

Unread post

Hello,I like to state for the record that there is no god.All religious faith is more or less a severe schizophrenic thought disorder.So put away those fantasies and revel in this real life HELL of a world called Earth.Kyle
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Many posts have returned...THERE IS A GOD! Maybe not...but I am happy anyway.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

YAY!!! The thread is back!!!! THERE IS A GOD!!! MR. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”