• In total there are 13 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

The Debt We Owe to Christian Mathematicians and Logicians

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: The Debt We Owe to Christian Mathematicians and Logicians

Unread post

sonoman wrote:Robert, your "science" is bogus. It just so happens "pre-scientific and obsolete" theism has produced bicameral holistic consciousness that used both brain hemispheres for acquiring knowledge of the universe.
What makes you think theism has had such a profound effect on the evolution of the human mind? It's a silly notion, and in reverse of what I'd think is even plausible. You're making stuff up.

Despite the different roles the brain hemispheres play, human brains are understood to be unicameral. Utilization of different aspects of the brain does not mean they are bicameral. Just as the Earth has two hemispheres, yet is not a "bicameral" planet. Bicamerality is a split that results in schizophrenia and hallucinations. Which is a plausible explanation for the origin of theism. But it is the reverse of what you're trying to say.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Sonoman wrote:Which reminds me to ask: Chris, why is it you who signs the Booklist emails to me as if you owned the forum here?
I own the whole site. I created BookTalk.org. This is all true. The automated emails contain my title so that people know who to turn to when they need help or have questions or problems or want to advertise. But you keep talking about me in on the forums as "the forum owner" when you see my name is Chris. I'm interacting in these discussions as a member not as the Supreme Overlord of Planet BookTalk.org.
sonoman
All Star Member

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:
Sonoman wrote:Which reminds me to ask: Chris, why is it you who signs the Booklist emails to me as if you owned the forum here?
I own the whole site. I created BookTalk.org. This is all true. The automated emails contain my title so that people know who to turn to when they need help or have questions or problems or want to advertise. But you keep talking about me in on the forums as "the forum owner" when you see my name is Chris. I'm interacting in these discussions as a member not as the Supreme Overlord of Planet BookTalk.org.
Chris, you're very active in promoting atheist philosophy using public interest in new books to do so. To me, it is a dishonest form of community communication because you're not telling the public that theists will not be treated well here as my own experience shows and as the heavy atheist dominated topic discussion lists show. In short, this is an atheist propaganda site where intellectual discussions are no more objectively "handled" than one finds on CARM for example, or TOL. The only difference to me is that I've called you and Interbane on your prejudices against theists and you don't want to look like bigots and ban me again so you let me post. But the overall situation here for any theists is that you are in hostile territory, no-man's land for God-believers. Expect nothing but constant attack and very unreasoned argumentation because of dealing with fundamentalist mindsets that haven't a clue they are such. But for all of that, Chris, I do appreciate the opportunity to do battle with atheists. It's time atheism is knocked out of the Arena of valid philosophies and put into its proper place as a fundamentalist belief system and one facing its End Times due to inability to counter logical critique or satisfactorily explain spiritual phenomena.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Sonoman wrote:...and you don't want to look like bigots and ban me again so you let me post.
You really think I'm allowing you to post because I'm afraid of how people will view me? You're not being banned because you make us all feel smart.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

:lol: crispy (or should that be chrispy) :D
Biblio Phile
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Strange. I was thinking we owe the Greeks and some gentlemen from the Middle East.

Return to “Science & Technology”