• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

AUTHOR ANNOUNCES NEW BOOK FOR COACHES

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Kim Krisco
Official Newbie!

AUTHOR ANNOUNCES NEW BOOK FOR COACHES

Unread post

I published a semi-popular book many years ago – Leadership & the Art of Conversation which was/is out of print. I got almost weekly requests for copies and/or suggestions to republish it. But I could not, in good conscience do so because I no longer believed much of what I had written more than a decade earlier. My perceptions and ideas had undergone a fundamental change. Some call it growth or personal development. I call it human evolution because I believe human evolution is no longer physical but it now a movement toward higher consciousness.

May latest book Talking to Trees was written primarily for coaches, but it would be of use to anyone and everyone interested in accelerating human evolution – as defined above. It comes at a critical time, when we human beings are currently in a crucial race. The planet earth, and our species, is being endangered by our own lack of consciousness and integrity. While neither the precise means, nor the exact timing is known, there is little doubt in the minds of many people, myself included, that unless we as a species are to accelerate and elevate our consciousness, we will go the way of the dinosaur.
Dinosaurs dominated the earth for 200 million years. In that sense, it is ironic that the dinosaur has become an almost universal symbol for extinction. In actuality, dinosaurs are one of the more successful species that has ever inhabited this planet.
On the other hand, human beings – homo sapiens – have been around for only about 25,000 years. The spark of consciousness that enabled us to amble out of the primordial swamp has grown and allowed our species to create amazing things. However, human consciousness has not grown collectively, and in a manner that enables us to see and address the true impact, and long-term consequences, of what we create. And so today we find ourselves dancing with the dinosaurs on the edge of extinction.
pomreader
Getting Comfortable

Re: AUTHOR ANNOUNCES NEW BOOK FOR COACHES

Unread post

Hi, I'd be interested in what it was that changed for you- personally. Surely leadership requires great communication - is it a different style that you are promoting now?

Nyla
@nylanaseer
http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Downsize- ... l+downsize
Kim Krisco
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Nyla,

You get leadership requires communication. Indeed, it only shows up within interactions and communications. Many things changed for me as my focus shifted from simply helping leaders be more effective, to helping leaders be SIMULTANIOUSLY more effective AND MORE FULFILLED. One example was a popular model which put the focus of leaders on the future. What I found was that a primary focus on the future takes a person out of the present and is the source of stress and anxiety because reality flies in the face of a future that can be controlled.

Thanks for your interest.
pomreader
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Kim - Yes, I'm interested in what you say. I feel mindfulness is very important.

Nyla

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”