• In total there are 31 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Novels by Lawrence W. Gold, M.D.

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
sailchap01
Getting Comfortable

Novels by Lawrence W. Gold, M.D.

Unread post

I have six novels published in print and Kindle. Four are part of the Brier Hospital Series. Despite the common setting and sharing of characters, each novel stands on its own.
I've been lucky to have had excellent reviews of my work. Readers like the accurate descriptions of the realities of the scene and the insights into the characters. I depend on the drama intrinsic to medicine without melodrama or gimmicks.

The easiest way to see my work is at: http://www.independentauthornetwork.com/lawrence-gold.html
I have a slide show at: http://youtu.be/4xUB3cTyoi8

My next novel in the Brier Series, The Plague Within, will be published soon,
If you'd like to be on my email list for my forthcoming work or for reviews (please specify which) contact me at [email protected]
Chris Dietzel
Atop the Piled Books

Re: Novels by Lawrence W. Gold, M.D.

Unread post

Hi Lawrence, congratulations on all your work.

I'm planning on doing the same thing with a series of books (i.e., each one can stand alone but is in the same world/setting). Do you have any advice or experience in how that worked for you in building an audience? Specifically: did you find that each subsequent book had a bigger audience than the previous book? Did you market them as part of a series or as stand-alone books? Thanks for any input.
sailchap01
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

No question. I saw a multiplier effect as new novels were added to the series.
I have a small, but growing following for my work, but it still takes much time to promote.
Keep track of readers who enjoy your work, esp. reviewers and ask them for permission to add them to your email contacts list. That way you can get to fans/reviewers right away as you publish new work.
Best of luck.

Larry
Chris Dietzel
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

Thanks a lot, best of luck with your next novel

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”