• In total there are 24 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

How do you read fiction?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
SandyWardBell
Getting Comfortable

How do you read fiction?

Unread post

I love opening a book blind. It is exciting reading the first few sentences without knowing anything about the story. The best part - as it unfolds, I am blessed with surprises that would have been unfelt if I glanced at the back cover. Do you like to start reading a book knowing nothing about the plot or characters?
Sandy Ward Bell
Author of IN ZOEY'S HEAD
sandywardbell.com
Carlotta Melzi
Master Debater

Re: How do you read fiction?

Unread post

I used to peep in a book before to buy it.
Not for the plot, only to see if I like the style.
Now I live in the country, the first bookshop it's 40 km away and I mostly read on my ereader.
It's different. Always a surprise.
A sensual woman enjoys tasty, spicy foods as she enjoys tasting voluptuous male bodies.
A Dinner in Bellagio by Carlotta Melzi d'Este
jsharrison228
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I am an audiobook convert, primarily because I too live in the country and instead of loathing the long drive to the grocery story I look forward to it. Sometimes I'll just keep driving or sit in the parking lot waiting for a good stopping place. I highly recommend the classics on audiobook. I recently read Dickens's Bleak House read by Simon Vance and I never wanted it to end! Audiobooks are a true joy for this country boy!
uod_sa_libro
Experienced

Unread post

Oh, I read the blurbs and stuff before reading. I love to read, but sometimes I get a bit picky, especially when I'm in one of my moods and I'm looking for a specific genre of story to sustain me.
Books are a uniquely portable magic. ~Stephen King
FritzNordengren
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'll read the back cover synopsis, usually don't read the blurbs unless something really catches my eye. Then I start reading. If an ebook with a free preview, I'll commit to the preview if I have my doubts. I know readers who read the final two chapters first, then begin at the front. I just cant do that, but to each their own.
-- Fritz
Iowa Writer's Retreat
www.TwoMileRanch.com
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Unread post

I like to read my books out loud, to myself of course, but by doing this I get a better understanding. I also enjoy audio books.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

How do I read fiction? :? I usually open the book to the title page, and read the title and author. Then I turn to the Prologue, Preface, Forward or first chapter. I read the first page and turn to he second. I repeat the process until the book is finished, though usually not in one sitting. :D
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “Everything Else”