• In total there are 122 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 121 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Writing in Rhode Island - Christine DePetrillo

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
cdepetrillo
Getting Comfortable

Writing in Rhode Island - Christine DePetrillo

Unread post

Howdy, fellow authors/booklovers! I guess I'll start by answering the handy questions provided in the directions. I'm a teacher - I can't help but follow directions. :)

•Are you male or female? Female, though not all that fashionable.
•Where are you from? Rhode Island, USA, but most of my friends will tell you I'm from another planet entirely.
•What are your hobbies or special interests? Reading, writing, working outdoors, home improvement projects, taking something old and giving it a new life, kickboxing, teaching, running around with my ginormous dog, Anubis.
•What sort of books do you enjoy reading? I love to read romance novels and young adult books mostly, but I'll try anything. My husband says that every time he turns around, I've got a new book in my hands. He's right. I'd cut out buying food before I cut out buying books.
•How did you find BookTalk.org? From a blog - Savvy Book Writers

Looking forward to chatting with you folks.

Christine
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Writing in Rhode Island - Christine DePetrillo

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org! :-)

And what kind of dog is this "ginormous dog?" I love ginormous dogs. Heck, I love all dogs.
cdepetrillo
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

He's an all-black German Shepherd. I frequently refer to him as "The Werewolf." I always thought I was strictly a cat person, quite possibly a future Crazy Cat Lady, but I LOVE this dog beyond words.

You can see a picture of him at www.christinedepetrillo.weebly.com or www.christymajor.weebly.com. He's also on FB under my Christine Major DePetrillo personal page.

Do you have any dogs?
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

Hi Christine and welcome from an Aussie. I also belong to Savvy Authors and have picked up some good tips there. Anubis sounds like the perfect name for your dog!
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
cmiller38
Master Debater

Unread post

Hi Christine My name is Charlie and am quite new here also I don't write but am an enthusiastic reader. I had a look at your dog he's lovely I am also a pet lover I have a dog called Brian he's an all white staffie/english bull cross and like yourself love him beyond words I also have a cat called Basil he looks exactly like your cat Shikari.

Anyway nice to meet you
cdepetrillo
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Nice to meet you too, Charlie! My poor pooch got sprayed by a skunk this weekend. Wheewee, did he stink!
cmiller38
Master Debater

Unread post

ohh poor dog
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Hi Christine,

I located the pic of your black German Shepard and he is definitely cute. In the process of searching for your ginormous dog I saw the pics and video of you and you're not so bad either. LOL

I don't own any dogs because I'm horribly allergic but my wife and I do own a beautiful and oh-so-cool cat named Ponji. She had him when we started dating 9 years ago and in the beginning I was allergic. But now I have zero allergies to him. Somehow my body adapted to him.

All my life I have been an animal lover. At one time I had 5 dogs sleeping in my bedroom with me. They were a Rottweiler, German Shepard, Akita, Beagle and Toy Poodle. With my allergies I was a mess...but happy.

Someday we'll probably get a dog since we have a 2.5 year old little boy and dogs and little boys go hand in hand paw.
cdepetrillo
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I've got kitties too. Two of them, a black, witch's familiar and a brown and black tabby. Just took them to the vet and the black one, who is 13, was deemed "perfect." The tabby, who is 11...well, not so much. A little on the hefty side and needs teeth pulled. She was already missing teeth and had two pulled about two years ago. If they pull any more, she's going to be nearly toothless! Poor baby.

I had a lizard too until last week when, sadly, he passed on. Had him for 10 years which is longer than he should have lived. I miss the little critter.

It's funny how the body readjusts under different circumstances and allergies come and go. I don't have pet allergies, but suddenly can't eat cherries or pecans. Weird, but not tragic. I wasn't really wild about either anyway.

And I agree, kids should have pets. I teach fifth grade and can always tell which kids have cared for and connected with animals and which have not. Unfortunately, my school has a policy which does not allow class pets. It's a shame, because I think having one in the classroom provides many opportunities for the students.

Return to “Everything Else”