• In total there are 51 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

The Genisis Code, by John Case (Warning: Possible Spoilers)

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
greg in the machine

The Genisis Code, by John Case (Warning: Possible Spoilers)

Unread post

Lauren (Lucaya) and I recently read a great fiction book called The Genesis Code by John Case. It was a New York Times bestseller and has been described as a "biomedical thriller". Basically it's science-heavy suspense fiction, and there's an element of religious philosophy in it as well.

We decided to start a discussion on it here at BookTalk, but just in case anyone else wants to join us in reading and discussing it we're going to hold off actually talking about the book for a couple weeks. You see, the thing about The Genesis Code is that the suspense (and therefore a lot of the enjoyment) of the book requires that you do not know too much about what's going to happen. It's like the film The Sixth Sense in a way; it's still good if even you know the end, but the experience is cheapened.

So anyone who wants to read The Genisis Code - and I'd say that anyone who likes a good science vs. religion suspense drama will enjoy it immensely - go ahead and pick it up and give it a read. You'll probably plow through it in a few days - it's that good. We'll start talking about it in a couple weeks (August 14th or so) and then this thread is going to fill up with spoilers fast, so if you're interested don't waste any time.

G
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: The Genisis Code, by John Case (Warning: Possible Spoil

Unread post

Greg & Lauren:

Is this about Bible Code? I'm not asking for any spoilers!

Chris
greg in the machine

Unread post

No. It's about genetic engineering and the reaction of Catholic fundamentalists (yes, Catholic fundamentalists) to it.)

G
Lucaya

Unread post

Chris,

I know that you are very fond of non-fiction, but this is a great book and I think that you would enjoy it. It was very well written. Although it is a fictitious story, there is alot of factual information contained within it. The author had to have had to do extensive scientific research to be able to attain such a flawless account of events.

If you choose to read it, let us know. I would rather wait to start the discussion, if it means that more people would participate.Lauren
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Lauren:

I am heavily considering reading it with you guys. Sounds interesting from what you've said. I have to be brief in this post...on the way out the door. More later.

Chris

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”