• In total there are 17 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Atheism: The Case Against God - by George Smith

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Atheism: The Case Against God - by George Smith

Unread post

Cheryl & Zach:I'm up for reading this as our next Book of the Month, but won't push for it as Cheryl would rather take some time with it. And I can't blame you Cheryl. This book is like the Bible of Atheism and should be read slowly and deliberately. Smith rips apart all known arguments for belief in a deity.So where are you so far Cheryl? This morning I finished Chapter 2 and plan to read Chapter 3 later tonight. Since my computer is down I'll probably do quite a bit of reading the next few days.Zach, do you own this book?Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be." -- Leonardo da Vinci
wmmurrah

Unread post

Hello everyone. I am new to booktalk but would love to join the discussion on Smith's "Atheism: the case against god." I read this book about a year ago and am convinced it is one of the most lucid comprehensive explanation of atheism I have been exposed to. I have since read his "Atheism, ayn rand and other heresies" as well as "Why Atheism?" All are good reads but "the case against god" is certainly, in my opinion, his best work. I would love to read this book again.
kru5h

Unread post

It took me 9 days but I finished it!I finally finished "Atheism: The Case Against God" and I must say that it is truly an amazing book! I probably would have finished this book in 4-5 days if last week had not been midterms week, I may now finish some other books that I am working on reading through and I will look more into critical thinking. Thanks to everyone for this awesome book suggestion. -Kyle Rush,A Candle for the Blind
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

It looks like Atheism: A reader has won for the March & April 2003 poll. George Smith's book will make an excellent companion text so I'm trying to think of how we can encourage people to read both at the same time.Chris
bijnke

Unread post

I'd love to read it, but not much chance of finding it here, in Gent. I have read ,however, Bertrand Russel's ''Why I am not a Christian'',and that is very convincing.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”