• In total there are 61 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

WANTED: Suggestions for our next FICTION book!

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
fordgal1960
Getting Comfortable

Re: WANTED: Suggestions for our next FICTION book!

Unread post

In response to coolsummer. Yes, I have watched the t.v. series from episode one and now am watching season 3. I have a link for watching the entire series online which I will share if anyone is interested. I also found a link for all 5 books online. Both links are free. Nice to hear from you.
"Be grateful for the day and happy for the privilege of having a life to live."
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

This looks interesting...
The Magician's Book is the story of one reader's long, tumultuous relationship with C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia. As a child, Laura Miller read and re-read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and its sequels countless times, and wanted nothing more than to find her own way to Narnia. In her skeptical teens, a casual reference to the Chronicles’s Christian themes left her feeling betrayed and alienated from the stories she had come to know and trust. Years later, convinced that "the first book we fall in love with shapes us every bit as much as the first person we fall in love with," Miller returns to Lewis' classic fantasies to see what mysteries Narnia still holds for adult eyes—and is captured in an entirely new way.

In her search to uncover the source of these small books’ mysterious power, Miller looks to their creator, Clive Staples Lewis. What she discovers is not the familiar, idealized image of the author, but a man who stands in stark contrast to his whimsical creation—scarred by a tragic and troubled childhood, Oxford educated, a staunch Christian, and a social conservative, armed with deep prejudices.
http://www.magiciansbook.com/
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

Miky wrote:The book was unreadable and no way I was going to buy a book with a ****** and a white woman the cover.
This sentence is self-contradictory. How do you know the book is unreadable if you didn't read it? If the cover put you off so much, why did you bother reading it? Makes no sense.
-Geo
Question everything
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

Wait what?!? Mike? If that is who you really are, since you gave a first and last name, I think you are trying to make someone else look bad. I didn't think anyone used such bigoted language anymore. Please give us a break with the derogatory name calling stuff. nuff said...off my soap box.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Miky was banned for being an illiterate bigot. This thread is for members with 10+ posts, for book suggestions not book bashing, and for people that understand how to communicate without insulting millions of people with one disgusting word.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Deb,

Please don't post a link to any pirated or illegal copies of books or movies. Links like that are not permitted on BookTalk.org and can get this community (and you) in serious trouble.

I'm a Game of Thrones fan too. I'm about to start watching the newest season.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

And everyone...

After making your suggestion please comment on the suggestions other people have made. Would you read and discuss their book suggestion? If we don't receive feedback on book suggestions we'll assume nobody other than the person that made the suggestion actually wants to read that book. And that wouldn't be much of a discussion now would it?
fordgal1960
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

With that business out of the way, let's pick a book and read. If I may, I vote for anything that will get a healthy intelligent discussion started.
fordgal1960
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

The Magician's Book sounds interesting. I would like to read that. Not sure I've been here long enough to get a vote. Like I said I would read most anything suggested by the group.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

fordgal1960, we'll accept your vote if you continue posting. Often people join and then vanish. We just want to make sure people that influence which books we read actually participate in the discussion of those books. You have 5 total posts so far. As the first post in this thread said: "1. Do not suggest books if you have less than 10 posts on our forums." You're 1/2 way there. ;-)

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”