• In total there are 99 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 98 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

FICTION POLL: Help us select a FREE Smashwords.com eBook for group discussion!

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.

Which FREE Smashwords.com eBooks would you like to read with us?

BOOK 1: The Book of Deacon - By Joseph R. Lallo

22%
BOOK 2: Delver Magic Book I: Sanctum's Breach - By Jeff Inlo

33%
BOOK 3: Soul Identity - By Dennis Batchelder

44%

Total votes: 9
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

FICTION POLL: Help us select a FREE Smashwords.com eBook for group discussion!

Unread post

* * * FICTION POLL * * *
This will be something we've never tried before on BookTalk.org. For our next FICTION book please look through the below Smashwords.com FREE eBooks and select the books you think look like great books for us to read and talk about as a group. You can select as many of the below books as you like so don't feel obligated to pick only one.

We'll start the discussion when a winning book is obvious. The discussion period will last for 2 or 3 months.

Do NOT vote if you have less than 10 posts on the forums.

Do NOT vote if you have no intention of actively participating in the discussion.

All of the below book choices are available 100% FREE, have over 50,000 words (40k = novel), and have great ratings on Smashwords.com

And here are the choices...

BOOK 1: The Book of Deacon
Series: Book of Deacon, Volume 1
By Joseph R. Lallo
Rated 4.78/5 based on 47 reviews
The tale of Myranda Celeste, a young woman orphaned by a century long war, and her chance discovery of a fallen soldier's priceless cargo. The find will change her life, sending her on an adventure of soldiers and rebels, wizards and warriors, and beasts both noble and monstrous. Each step will bring her closer to the truth of her potential, of the war, and of the fate of her world.

BOOK 2: Delver Magic Book I: Sanctum's Breach
Series: Delver Magic, Book 1
By Jeff Inlo
Rated 4.78/5 based on 11 reviews
A rolling tremor passes through the land of Uton signaling a return of long absent magic as well as an ancient evil that accompanies it. Ryson Acumen, purebred delver, senses the changes and begins his explorations to discover the source behind the upheaval. In his investigations, he learns that legends he considered fables hold more truth than fantasy. The delver encounters elves and learns the Sphere of Ingar, a talisman that captured all magical energies long ago, is free from its tomb in Sanctum Mountain. As violent, evil creatures return to shred the very fabric of reality, the sphere gains awareness and chooses to spew corrupted magical energies to obliterate all life.

The sphere must be destroyed, but it rests within Sanctum, a hollow mountain with a single path to its center. The way to the sphere remains defended by devices created long ago, forged by members of each race to thwart entry to the mountain's core. Those that wish to defeat the sphere must not only overcome these barriers, they must conquer the mistrust which has flourished during the long period of separation. Human, elf, dwarf, algor and delver must reunite to defeat the obstacles that now protect the sphere. Once inside Sanctum, representatives of each race face the secrets of the ages that once undone will change their lives forever.

BOOK 3: Soul Identity
By dennis batchelder
Rated 4.68/5 based on 30 reviews
What if you could bank your money for your next life?

Smart-aleck and computer security expert Scott Waverly is skeptical of his new client's claim that they've been tracking souls for almost twenty-six hundred years.

Is it a freaky cult, or a sophisticated con job?

As Scott saves Soul Identity from an insider attack, he discovers the importance of the bridges connecting people's lives.
Attachments
2e49c161249852a8c0d3fcaac48eca11d553337f-thumb.jpg
2e49c161249852a8c0d3fcaac48eca11d553337f-thumb.jpg (7.81 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
6e2fc5cf451353799a4b09ebf83e0d0f03972054-thumb.jpg
6e2fc5cf451353799a4b09ebf83e0d0f03972054-thumb.jpg (9.63 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
e3ba312dc241e64efa4ceabb6954251e6a9ddce9-thumb.jpg
e3ba312dc241e64efa4ceabb6954251e6a9ddce9-thumb.jpg (6.89 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Re: FICTION POLL: Help us select a FREE Smashwords.com eBook for group discussion!

Unread post

Decided to buy the book Soul Identity, since that was what I placed my vote for. I was pleasantly surprised to find this is actually a two book series. You can grab both Soul Identity and Soul Intent on Amazon for 2.99 today. Not sure if people here will end up going that direction, but thought it sounded like a pretty interesting read either way.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: FICTION POLL: Help us select a FREE Smashwords.com eBook for group discussion!

Unread post

Buy? All 3 books are free on Smashwords. You can download them as PDF's, or as eBooks or your Nook or Kindle.
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

the first book was free on Amazon too. I just picked up Book two for 2.99
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Nice price. All 3 books look really good.
mlmooney89
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Oh anything with magic is always my choice. I picked two because I couldn't decide!
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Unread post

Delver is a series, there were at least six titles I saw when I was downloading the books.
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Unread post

The new forum is up for Soul Identity. I read the first chapter or so already, it had a good hook, lets see if it lives up to that.
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”