• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What, In God's Name?

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Re: What, In God's Name?

Unread post

Thank you, youkrst. I'm glad you found this small part of my book fascinating. My theories are unprecedented and I am idiosyncratic; there are no peers.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

MB wrote:My claim is that the Tree of Life depicted in Genesis is an organ that used to be attached to the human appendix tube. It grew from a 'now missing' 24th human chromosome. Adam and Eve lost the 24th human chromosome by contaminating themselves.
Wow, this is really out there. But in fact, we aren't missing a 24th chromosome. Somewhere along the line from our ape ancestors, a couple of chromosomes got fused.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/ ... 7OMpo71YT0
-Geo
Question everything
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Yes, but in fact, we are missing a 24th chromosome. The old chestnut of fused chromosomes are genetic defects. The 24th chromosome rectified genetic mutations. We see, we hear, we believe, it's natural. But things aren't always what they seem? My advise, read, 'What, In God's Name?' by Michael Barry. Available at Amazon for £3.47.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
United States of America

Unread post

Michael Barry wrote:We see, we hear, we believe, it's natural. But things aren't always what they seem?
Exactly, which is why we look at real world data and evidence to help us sort the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. With regard to the scientific question about the 'missing' 24th chromosome, where do you think we should turn for information? A science publication or a religious text? Or an unknown self-published author whose credentials are . . . what?
-Geo
Question everything
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

In my book I openly challenge any human being to argue or disagree with my unprecedented theories. That will never happen because the facts speak for themselves. The only people who argue or disagree with my theories are those who have not read my book; after that they go quiet. Science tells us: The appendix is a narrow finger shaped tube branching off from the large intestine. The appendix has no known function. It contains a large amount of lymphoid tissue which provides a defence against local infections. The scriptures tell us nothing about the human appendix tube. I'm not satisfied with that. Any human being would agree that being blessed by God is a good thing, but if we read Genesis carefully, as I have, we can see that every life blessed by God inherits everlasting death; mortality. No human being on this planet has ever, or will ever, witness an ostrich burying its head in the sand. Ninety percent of what we know about the universe has been discovered by people staring through a telescope from their bedroom window. I'm not interested in peers or credentials or titles; it's all pretentious nonsense. If it doesn't make sense then it's not true. With respect, if you want to comment on the details of my book, at least have the courtesy to read it.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
United States of America

Unread post

Michael Barry wrote:In my book I openly challenge any human being to argue or disagree with my unprecedented theories. That will never happen because the facts speak for themselves. The only people who argue or disagree with my theories are those who have not read my book; after that they go quiet. Science tells us: The appendix is a narrow finger shaped tube branching off from the large intestine. The appendix has no known function. It contains a large amount of lymphoid tissue which provides a defence against local infections. The scriptures tell us nothing about the human appendix tube. I'm not satisfied with that. Any human being would agree that being blessed by God is a good thing, but if we read Genesis carefully, as I have, we can see that every life blessed by God inherits everlasting death; mortality. No human being on this planet has ever, or will ever, witness an ostrich burying its head in the sand. Ninety percent of what we know about the universe has been discovered by people staring through a telescope from their bedroom window. I'm not interested in peers or credentials or titles; it's all pretentious nonsense. If it doesn't make sense then it's not true. With respect, if you want to comment on the details of my book, at least have the courtesy to read it.
Fair enough. I'm not commenting on your book, per se, but more on your starting assumptions—an inerrant Bible and that Adam and Eve were real people, etc. And your apparent desire to make things up to go along with those beliefs. Your statement about our lack of a 24th chromosome is pure nonsense. But good luck to you. We know that ostriches don't really bury their heads in the sand because they wouldn't be able to breathe. But from observation and using our ability to reason, we can surmise how such myths get started.
-Geo
Question everything
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

Michael Barry wrote:The appendix has no known function.
http://www.sciencefocus.com/news/what-d ... t%E2%80%A6
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane wrote:
Michael Barry wrote:The appendix has no known function.
http://www.sciencefocus.com/news/what-d ... t%E2%80%A6

"Rethinking" a possible bygone usefulness of the appendix is not evidence that it had specific function.

You get the subtlety of that point, right, Interbane?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'll add PDF back as an accepted extension so that you can upload for your book here. I forget why we disabled PDF's. There must have been some sort of security issue with them.

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”