• In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

What, In God's Name?

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: What, In God's Name?

Unread post

OK, as requested PDF's are now permitted again as attachments. In addition to PDF's we're now allowing doc, docx, and rtf attachments.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Michael Barry wrote:I'm not interested in peers or credentials or titles; it's all pretentious nonsense. If it doesn't make sense then it's not true.
Oh dear. That sounds perilously close to "I believe it, therefore it is true." It also suggests a hermetic imperviousness to counter-arguments.
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Oh dear, that sounds perilously close to hypocrisy. My book 'IS' sixty pages of counter argument.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

OK so do you want to make the book free as you stated in another thread? According to the BookTalk site owner above, you can post a .pdf file right to this thread now.

We can set up a special thread to discuss it. At 60 pages, shouldn't be a huge undertaking - how many readers will we have?
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

I feel as if I'm getting somewhere now. At the moment it's on Amazon at a price. I'm reliably informed that the pdf can be converted to video for YouTube hosting, so I'm looking into that at the moment. I'm certainly open and grateful for any 'how to' hints on making free to read on this site. I'm no tech wizard. Dragging my pdf into one of these boxes is the best idea I've got. I expect my book to reach a minimum of 3 billion readers to begin with. Free, borrowed, begged, bought, I don't care as long as it's read. I've said it before and I'll say it again... the world needs this book, especially humans with killing in their heart.
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

It's so simple, it's almost laughable. Adam was the human genome of 48 chromosomes (24 pairs). Eve and Adam contaminated themselves and destroyed the 24th chromosome. They became the human genome of 46 chromosomes (23 pairs). Let us not forget that God took a human rib of flesh, blood and bone before contamination; the uncontaminated human genome of 48 chromosomes. The 24th human chromosome provides everlasting life. Jesus was born as the uncontaminated human genome of 48 chromosomes to show us an everlasting human; living and breathing; right here on Earth... at the age of 30, he could age no more.
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

What killed the 24th human chromosome? The first two humans to ever eat mammal flesh killed the 24th human chromosome. Who were the first two humans to ever eat mammal flesh? Adam and Eve; their reproductive cells contained 23 chromosomes, instead of 24.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

It's so simple, it's almost laughable. Adam was the human genome of 48 chromosomes (24 pairs). Eve and Adam contaminated themselves and destroyed the 24th chromosome. They became the human genome of 46 chromosomes (23 pairs). Let us not forget that God took a human rib of flesh, blood and bone before contamination; the uncontaminated human genome of 48 chromosomes. The 24th human chromosome provides everlasting life. Jesus was born as the uncontaminated human genome of 48 chromosomes to show us an everlasting human; living and breathing; right here on Earth... at the age of 30, he could age no more.
The truth behind the 24th chromosome isn't found by telling a children's story. Just because you can rationalize it into a neat package doesn't mean it's true.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/ ... 7iEa5grJaR
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

Michael,
It is now very easy to attach a .pdf file to a post on this site.
  1. Before typing anything click on "Full editor" below the text box, next to the "Submit" button.
  2. Type your message in the text box as usual, perhaps something like "My awesome free book is attached to this post, soon to be read by over 3 Billion humans!"
  3. Now scroll down a little below the text box and find the section titled "Upload attachment." Find the "browse" button and notice "No file selected" next to it.
  4. Click on the browse button and go to your .pdf file. Click on your file, then click on the "open" button.
  5. Notice your file name now shows up next to the "browse" button where it previously listed "No file selected."
  6. Click on the "Add the file" button just below and slightly to the right of that. This actually uploads/connects your file to the post.
  7. Click the "Submit" button as usual when posting and you're done.
As an example I attached a .pdf file to this post called "Prove A Negative.pdf" about a common logic problem.
GOOD LUCK! If you still have difficulty, PM me and perhaps I can help or do it for you...
Attachments
Prove A Negative.pdf
(146.71 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Michael, feel free to share your book in PDF format.

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”