• In total there are 11 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Fox News Watch (Oh the Humanity!)

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Fox News Watch (Oh the Humanity!)

Unread post

The Atlantic is introducing a solution to an issue that is a more complex socio-economic issue. In that order.
Your solution is to throw imported human capital at them to solve their decreasing population and elderly problem: "cheap labor" will inevitably lead to them wanting to get married and pro-create. That of course is a non sequitur.

I think the discussion should begin by being more culturally and socially sympathetic. The people of Japan have been on a long road to social alienation. Their unique culture at some point in time will become too anemic to recover. Importing "foreign" capital is not going to reintroduce them to the human intimacy needed for successful, fruitful lives.

I don't care how successful your virtual mate, or job is making you feel. If you don't pass on your genes, evolution considers you a failure.
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

ant wrote: Your solution is to throw imported human capital at them to solve their decreasing population and elderly problem: "cheap labor" will inevitably lead to them wanting to get married and pro-create. That of course is a non sequitur.

I don't care how successful your virtual mate, or job is making you feel. If you don't pass on your genes, evolution considers you a failure.
What do you mean "your solution?" Whose solution? I wrote that I did not have a solution.
Litwitlou wrote:I do know the problem. I do not know how to fix it.
You realize the following quote is sarcasm, yes?
Litwitlou wrote:The solution isn't to pay Japanese workers a living wage so they can get married and have kids; the solution is to import cheap labor from all over the world which will increase the wealth gap.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

No, I didn't too be honest. Your posts smack quite often of presumptuousness and you did not use any sarcasm clues or an appropriate emoticon.

Good luck finding your groove in 2019
Last edited by ant on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Ocasio-Cortez --

the world is going to end in 12 years

climate change is our WWII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHk8nn0nw18

you can hear in the background thunderous applause from today's incompetent far left.

you can't make this stuff up even if you tried.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

I see you left stupidity and raise you right stupidity.

-Geo
Question everything
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Seriously though, who the heck is Tom Correa? Is he a congressman?

Ocasio-Cortez is clueless in congress, which is much worse that some guy with a cowboy hat named Tom who loves Trump with a religious passion.
Don't you think?
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:Seriously though, who the heck is Tom Correa? Is he a congressman?

Ocasio-Cortez is clueless in congress, which is much worse that some guy with a cowboy hat named Tom who loves Trump with a religious passion.
Don't you think?
I was more thinking of the people clapping. I'm not defending Ocasio-Cortez, but I also wouldn't pay too much attention to comments taken out of context. Was this a political rally? We don't know by this particular video. We know how these things go.

Also, though we can hardly pinpoint the tipping point of too much carbon in the atmosphere with such accuracy, Ocasio-Cortez is probably a hell of a lot closer to what scientists are saying than our current President of the United States. Donald Trump is a walking, talking lie factory.

"Climate change is a hoax."

"It's freezing and snowing in New York – we need global warming!"

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive."

"Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!"

(On Obama) "His grandmother in Kenya said, 'Oh no, he was born in Kenya and I was there and I witnessed the birth.' Now, she's on tape and I think that tape's going to be produced fairly soon ...The grandmother in Kenya is on record saying he was born in Kenya."

"I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."
-Geo
Question everything
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

It's important not to dismiss comments from Ocasio-Cortez, even if they are uttered at rallies because they often cross-over into formal chambers with the same inanity, which in turn can influence voting.

The world is not going to end in 12 years. Who is she now, Nostradamus? That's complete nonsense. Extreme alarmism should not be the starting point for a rational discussion. Unless of course your real goal is to push your chosen ideology.

Climate Change is no where near to being the same immediate and evil existential threat that Hitler's WWII was. That's simply bullshit and should not be used as a discussion point for climate change.

Ocasio- Cortez is a dangerous demagogue. The sad thing here is that her ineptitude is looked upon as favorable truth by an equally clueless voting base.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

ant wrote:
The solution isn't to pay Japanese workers a living wage so they can get married and have kids; the solution is to import cheap labor from all over the world which will increase the wealth gap.
No it's not.. And you're being arrogantly presumptuous yet again with your "I know what the problem is and how to fix it " posts.

Oh, the irony--it hurts!!!
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

Litwitlou wrote:.
Ingraham: Lame duck negligence
Dec. 17, 2018 - 9:32 - House Republicans feel no urgency to get things done.

https://www.foxnews.com/shows

Donald Trump: The Rodney Dangerfield of Presidents.
Undocumented worker fired from Trump's Bedminster club invited to State of the Union

"Morales was invited to Trump's State of the Union address by Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, D-New Jersey, which the congresswoman's office and Morales' attorney confirmed separately to CNN."

cnn.com/2019/01/30/politics/undocumente ... index.html
Last edited by Litwitlou on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump

Return to “Current Events & History”