• In total there are 29 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Where do yall get your books?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

Where do y'all get your books?

Library (physical book)

18%
Library (e-book)

16%
Buy it online

32%
Buy it in stores

24%
Other?

11%

Total votes: 38
sprucegum
Official Newbie!
Canada

Re: Where do yall get your books?

Unread post

And from friends and family!
CaitlinDBurnside
Getting Comfortable
Great Britain

Unread post

Hello, I've only recently bought books at a brick-and-mortar store late last year (2023).

I've replaced our entire collection of Harry Potter books as the original ones bought as they came out had been water damaged. As well, I picked up a new Tarot Deck and book for myself and one for daughter.

It's a new store in our local shopping centre called "The Works".

For a while, I'd exchange with other author friends. After the closure of Google Plus online platform, it's been difficult to find authors who'd want to do this, these days.

I'm no longer a fan of these sites has they've become weird with new rules and discussions that are of no interest these days.
"Writing is the painting of the voice."
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/cdburnside
Abby11124
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I buy nonresident library cards & get ebooks. Whenever a review of a promising book appears, I add it to my wait list. Can take weeks or months for some titles.
B. Camp
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

These days I mainly use my kindle. In the past I frequented used book store (e.g. half price books), flea markets, yard sales and a few small stores around this area that kept a supply of used books on hand. :)

Return to “Everything Else”