• In total there are 43 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

If you could have free, unlimited service...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

If you could have free, unlimited service...

Unread post

If you could have free, unlimited service for 5 years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, masseuse, or personal secretary, which would you choose?Results (total votes = 9):Cook&nbsp4 / 44.4%&nbsp Chauffer&nbsp1 / 11.1%&nbsp Housekeeper&nbsp3 / 33.3%&nbsp Masseuse&nbsp1 / 11.1%&nbsp Personal secretary&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: If you could have free, unlimited service...

Unread post

I'd go with the cook for a few reasons. First of all, I think the financial value of a cook is higher than the other choices. But also...I hate to cook and it sure would be nice to have my meals prepared for me.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
365black

service

Unread post

true i would go with the cook as well but hey sum1 else might thnik different, u never kno. maybe they like to cook.. theres also only a few on the list
NaddiaAoC

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Unread post

I selected housekeeper. I don't mind eating microwave dinners nearly as much as I mind scrubbing toilets and doing dishes. I have the perfect situation at the moment. I'm working full-time and my boyfriend is going to college. He does all the cleaning, cooking, and bookkeeping. He's doing my taxes for me. He gives great massages. Hell, he even bakes homemade cookies and brownies a few times a week. At this rate I'm going to need to hire a personal trainer. Unfortunately he doesn't like to drive so I'm the chauffer. God I love non-traditional family values!Cheryl
funda62

Unread post

Hmm, it was difficult choosing between cook and housekeeper but in the end I chose housekeeper because I don't mind cooking as long as the kitchen it tidy and I don't have to do the dishes. Also our current house is on 3 different levels and I hate cleaning the stairwell.So when does Fabio arrive? "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, prehaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." -Henry David Thoreau
Elliandre

Unread post

The cook. I think I'd eat healthier meals if someone else took the time to prepare them properly.

Return to “Everything Else”