• In total there are 107 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 107 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Toys for Tots rejects Jesus dolls

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Toys for Tots rejects Jesus dolls

Unread post

Here's the linkJust thought this might be interesting to some. It's kind of weird though. If you think of Christmas as celebrating Jesus's birth, why wouldn't a Jesus doll be an acceptable present... Is it because it's a military effort? Edited by: irishrosem at: 11/14/06 6:00 pm
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Re: Toys for Tots rejects Jesus dolls

Unread post

I believe the reason is because the presents are distributed randomly to children of many different faiths. One example is all the children in an orphanage will receive presents even if they are Jewish or Muslim, just to keep things fair. What is a little Jewish boy going to do with a Jesus doll? Crucify it?Heh.Later
funda62

Unread post

I thought they were fine except that they quote bible verses. If they were just little figures then whatever, but since they little plastic missionaries then Toys for Tots were correct to reject them. "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, prehaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." -Henry David Thoreau
Federika22

Unread post

Quote:What is a little Jewish boy going to do with a Jesus doll? Crucify it?
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Quote:What is a little Jewish boy going to do with a Jesus doll? Crucify it?Frank, You made me snort laugh at work. Oh man, I just keep picturing this little six year old boy with short dark hair wearing a yarmulke, playing with his Jesus doll, and...No, it's just wrong. Thanks for the laugh.On a more serious note, I hadn't considered social service placements receiving the toys. I couldn't understand why homes applying for help with acquiring Christmas presents should have a problem receiving Christian toys. I guess it's more of a secular effort based on the material aspect of the holiday.
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Re: Change of Heart

Unread post

Looks like Toys for Tots has changed its mind and are accepting the Jesus dolls.I don't think we have to worry about any little Jewish kids getting the dolls though. It looks like they are going to targeted recipients.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Re: Change of Heart

Unread post

I'm glad I could brighten your days a little!

Return to “Everything Else”