• In total there are 67 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Novels/short stories talking about astrology/tarot

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bookclover
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hi,I am trying to jot down a list of novels/short stories where astrology and/or tarots are mentioned. I think Calvino and Hemingway do: is that correct?Any help would be much appreciated!
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Calvino's "The Castle of Crossed Destinies" uses two tarot decks as the basis for his mode of storytelling, yes. I don't know about a Hemingway connection. There are images from the tarot in Roman Polanski's film "The Ninth Gate", specifically the Hanged Man, and I assume that the motif was drawn directly from the novel on which the screenplay was based, "The Club Dumas" by Arturo Perez-Reverte, although I haven't read the book myself. I have a collection of old Gothic horror stories, and I'd be willing to bet that at least one of those is built around Tarot; if I think about it, I'll dig up some titles for you later on. I don't know if graphic novels apply as well, but the "Lucifer" series, scripted by Mike Carey, has an entire group of characters called the Basanos, based on a tarot deck. Hope that helps. What's the for, anyway?
bookclover
Getting Comfortable

novels/short stories...

Unread post

Hi thanks so much for your helpI just finished reading Jeanette Winterson's Powerbook and she mentions astrology so am like 'this is something I'd like to look more into'...:-)

Return to “Everything Else”