• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

So who's reading this book and participating in discussion?

#29: July - Sept. 2006 (Non-Fiction)
Sara Michael

Re: So who's reading this book and participating in discussi

Unread post

Hey guys, just back from vacation ... have both books would love to jump in!Sara
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Dissident...Does your library do inter-library loans and such? I can always get a book because my county links all the libraries. It is great, I just go online, place the order and it ships to my home library and they call me when it arrives!Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Speaking of libraries, mine has sent me an email saying that the book has been recalled. That means no more renewals, and I have to return it a week from today. So I'm going to attempt to burn through the rest of it, continued interest permitting, before I have to return it, and I'll post some comments on the remaining chapters.
GOD defiles Reason

Unread post

I have the book and I'm going to try to join the discussion before it's too late. Before you turn the book in, try to figure out what he means by "free-floating rationale" enough to explain it to me. That seems like an important notion to him as well as the meme idea, which is also new to me.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

I think I'm going to have to go to another book to figure out precisely what he envisions with "free-floating rationale". He doesn't elaborate much in this one. I get the gist of what he means, but there seems to be more involved than he's presented here, and I'd hate to blindly accept the idea without some idea of what it implies.

Return to “Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon - by Daniel Dennett”