• In total there are 107 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 107 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hello to all

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Hello to all

Unread post

My name is George Ricker. I'm the author of "Godless in America: conversations with an atheist" and host a related web site at www.godlessinamerica.com. The site contains quite a few original articles, a one-act play, links to short stories and even a few poems I have written. However, the real reason I'm here is that I have been an avid reader all my life. I love books and love talking (or writing) about books. I'm looking forward to participating in the discussions here. It's a bit of serendipity that I found you. This site is listed near mine on the "Atheist Best of the Web" site, and I noticed it when I was advised that my site had just been listed there and went to have a look. More to come. Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 11/21/06 2:11 am
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Hello to all

Unread post

GeorgeWelcome to the community. I've checked out your site and read several articles. The one entitled A disagreeable agreement I am especially fond of. Quote:By insisting we must "agree to disagree" my old friend terminated a discussion that might have led to better understanding between the two of us on such issues. The impasse won't end our friendship
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Chris: Glad you like the site. A link would be most appreciated. Whatever you decide to do about that, I'm going to add a link to this site. I think the folks who visit my site might be interested in joining in the discussions here.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'll add the link now.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Welcome, George! I am glad that you found BookTalk. It is a great place for an avid reader! If you have any suggestions for our next nonfiction book discussion, please make a post. We are always looking for great book recommendations. I look forward to your participation!
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Re: About my book

Unread post

Since a few of you have expressed some interest in my book, I offer the following for what it's worth. Any of you who would like to read a sampling of pages from Godless in America: conversations with an atheist will find a brief preview on Google books at: books.google.com/books?id...29j_sygccgYou also can read the introduction and chapter one by going to the iUniverse site and clicking on "Browse before you buy."That page is at:www.iuniverse.com/booksto...95-39101-XGeorge "Godlessness is not about denying the existence of nonsensical beings. It is the starting point for living life without them."Godless in America by George A. Ricker
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Re: About my book

Unread post

I've done an interview that's being aired on the web broadcast Dogma Free America. You can listen to the interview online or download it as a podcast. George "Godlessness is not about denying the existence of nonsensical beings. It is the starting point for living life without them."Godless in America by George A. Ricker
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

New book is out

Unread post

For those who are interested, my new book, mere atheism: no gods...no problem!, is now available for purchase at online booksellers and should soon be available for ordering at most brick-and-mortar bookstores.

I've posted information about places to order mere atheism in a separate thread.

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

mere atheism: no gods
jales4
Intern

Agree to Disagree

Unread post

[quote]By insisting we must "agree to disagree" my old friend terminated a discussion that might have led to better understanding between the two of us on such issues. The impasse won't end our friendship

Return to “Everything Else”