• In total there are 95 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 95 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

an excited Hello from FannieB

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
FannieB
Getting Comfortable

an excited Hello from FannieB

Unread post

I recently told a friend that I'm so grateful, so passionate, so in love with books that if I could spread my books out all over the floor I would roll around naked in them, lol. I cannot get enough. (In hindsight, I guess I really could roll naked in my books - who's to stop me, really?)

My name is Tiphanie, but I go by FannieB because my husband calls me Fannie and my last name begins with B, although I sometimes use FannieBee also, because I am a fan of the bumble B, in part for his good looks and in great part because he shouldn't be able to fly, but he no one ever told HIM that, so he flies anyway. Such inspiration!

I am 36 years old and have an amazing, beautiful, polite, energentic, exhausting, amazing, smart, funny, kind ....did I mention energetic... four year old son. We live in Macomb, Michigan - my husband is from this area (north of Detroit) and I am from the Upper Peninsula but don't claim to be a "Yooper" as I was raised in a town that is considered one of the "twin cities" with another town in Wisconsin. So I consider myself a "cheesehead" - I do love cheese, lol. Oh yeah and..."Go PACK, GO!"

I have 3 cats, one being a "polydactyl" as Hemingway was so fond of, one being a tuxedo black and white who, on her own, sits up and begs like a dog and will jump from the floor to my arms whenever she feels like it, even if I'm not paying attention, which is a very strange experience. Our third cat is nearly 12, all black with the most beautiful green eyes.

My other passion, besides books, is music. I have far-reaching tastes and lyrics to me are poetry set to melody - it's the the beauty of the words, how they sound together or the poetic way they set a scene, describe a person or an event - even just the way they sound when rolling off of ones lips, how it feels ....does it make you sad, does it make you laugh, does it just feel GOOD? For instance, I love the word "perhaps" - slightly erotic, full of possibility, a slight pucker of the lips to suggest a kiss or maybe just thoughtfulness. (I ramble when something excites my soul....lol)

I have always read mostly fiction but have lately started to take interest in much non-fiction, although not having started reading any of the books I've purchased. Is there anything more satisfying than having shelves and shelves of books waiting to be caressed in your hands as you devour their words?! I confess I am less prone to examine the structure of a story or the author's "meanings" and more often find myself reading passages to my husband because of, again, the beauty of the words, how they sound together or the poetic way they set a scene, describe a person or an event. Part of my excitement about this site is that I hope to challenge myself to explore those things I haven't in the past, and perhaps share my passion for specific passages with other like-minded bibliophiles.

It is my pure joy and uncontainable excitement at having found this site that lends me to rambling on so...

"I cannot live without books." ---Thomas Jefferson
Last edited by FannieB on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Re: an excited Hello from FannieB

Unread post

FannieB wrote:I recently told a friend that I'm so grateful, so passionate, so in love with books that if I could spread my books out all over the floor I would roll around naked in them, lol. I cannot get enough. (In hindsight, I guess I really could roll naked in my books - who's to stop me, really?)

My name is Tiphanie, but I go by FannieB because my husband calls me Fannie and my last name begins with B, although I sometimes use FannieBee also, because I am a fan of the bumble B, in part for his good looks and in great part because he shouldn't be able to fly, but he no one ever told HIM that, so he flies anyway. Such inspiration!

I am 36 years old and have an amazing, beautiful, polite, energentic, exhausting, amazing, smart, funny, kind ....did I mention energetic... four year old son. We live in Macomb, Michigan - my husband is from this area (north of Detroit) and I am from the Upper Peninsula but don't claim to be a "Yooper" as I was raised in a town that is considered one of the "twin cities" with another town in Wisconsin. So I consider myself a "cheesehead" - I do love cheese, lol. Oh yeah and..."Go PACK, GO!"

I have 3 cats, one being a "polydactyl" as Hemingway was so fond of, one being a tuxedo black and white who, on her own, sits up and begs like a dog and will jump from the floor to my arms whenever she feels like it, even if I'm not paying attention, which is a very strange experience. Our third cat is nearly 12, all black with the most beautiful green eyes.

I have always read mostly fiction but have lately started to take interest in much non-fiction, although not having started reading any of the books I've purchased. Is there anything more satisfying than having shelves and shelves of books waiting to be caressed in your hands as you devour their words?! I confess I am less prone to examine the structure of a story or the author's "meanings" and more often find myself reading passages to my husband because of the beauty of the words, how they sound together or the poetic way they set a scene, describe a person or an event. Part of my excitement about this site is that I hope to challenge myself to explore those things I haven't in the past, and perhaps share my passion for specific passages with other like-minded bibliophiles.

It is my pure joy and uncontainable excitement at having found this site that lends me to rambling on so...
Ophelia.
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Sorry Fannie B, somehow I ended up copying your posting when I only wanted to quote the passage about...bookshelves.
How lucky you are to find joy at what must orderly shelves... I have a recurrent problem with books and space. I got on top of things when I moved to this flat 10 years ago, but since then chaos has been creeping back in, and it's often difficult to find a book I'm looking for.

Also I understand your joy at finding Booktalk, I felt the same.
Ophelia.
FannieB
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Evelyne-
LOL, well, my shelves (custom built lovingly by my husband) started out beautifully organized, but as books have been read, added to the "read me next" collection ...it has become an assortment of vertically shelved, horizontally shelved and towering stacks of books. I love them no less for their haphazard existence. I am frustrated only by not being able to find a particular book with ease although the upside of such a search is that I am reunited with books I may not have spent time with since reading or purchasing...a literary reunion is always cause for celebration!
irishrose

1E - BANNED
Freshman

Unread post

Welcome to the board, FannyB.

Just so you know, the Packers have a city of Kelly green (well really the new Eagles green) here in Philly pulling for the them too
Constance963
Intern

Unread post

FannieB wrote: my shelves (custom built lovingly by my husband) started out beautifully organized
One day when my fiancee and I have a home I would love some custom built bookshelves...I'd love to have a library room but never going to happen unless I win the lottery.....
My wedding day! 08-08-08
FannieB
Getting Comfortable

library room

Unread post

oh Constance! Pile books high in any room you wish and call it your library. There are few things more sacred than a "library" ....all those pages, characters, events, feelings! It doesn't have to be in the form of what we traditionally consider a library - that is just one person's idea of what a library is, I think. :D Any place books are allowed to gather is a library - making it yours requires only calling it so and perhaps sitting among them taking joy in their offerings!
Constance963
Intern

Re: library room

Unread post

FannieB wrote:oh Constance! Pile books high in any room you wish and call it your library. There are few things more sacred than a "library" ....all those pages, characters, events, feelings! It doesn't have to be in the form of what we traditionally consider a library - that is just one person's idea of what a library is, I think. :D Any place books are allowed to gather is a library - making it yours requires only calling it so and perhaps sitting among them taking joy in their offerings!
That is true, but I would just love a room lined with bookshelves with a big comfy armchair, tables and a reading lamp :D . My fiancee doesn't really like to read and so he doesn't quite understand and tells me I have too many books and we don't have room for them all. The books will not be sacrificed!!! LOL!!
My wedding day! 08-08-08
jales4
Intern

Unread post

One day when my fiancee and I have a home I would love some custom built bookshelves...I'd love to have a library room but never going to happen unless I win the lottery.....
I hung a library sign on the door of our extra bedroom, and insist on calling it the Library, much to the chagrin of the rest of the family. Unfortunately, the room also serves as a pantry for bulk purchases, houses our infrared sauna, and off-season clothing.

My library sign isn't even safe. I have a pet peeve that I am VERY vocal about - people who pronounce library as LI-BERRY. (The librarian at our local library calls herself the 'LI-BERRIAN' and says she works at the LI-BERRY'.

So, anyhow, I have to have a stash of spare Rs for when my husband or kids decide to steal the first R on my sign.
FannieB
Getting Comfortable

LI Berry and other pet peeves...

Unread post

Isn't it funny how the best pranks always seem to involve other peoples pet peeves?! I guess this is moving a bit away from li-berrys (which also drives me insane) but one of my pet peeves involves pens that are supposed to have caps, but to which the caps are missing or lost. I cannot use these pens, markers etc. If the cap is not available for attaching to the end of the pen while in use, I can't use it. I bugs me. BIG TIME. If there is a capless pen in my house, it gets thrown out or sent to work with my husband, "get this vile creature out of my house!"

So, before I was promoted to stay at home mom, a girlfriend of mine that I worked with decided it would be funny to go in my office while I was in a meeting and remove all the caps from every writing utensil in my office.

Imagine your gut feeling upon realizing you just set $500 in cash on fire. That's kind of how I felt. I didn't get any work done until she returned the caps. The story even gives me creepy-crawlies to this day, lol.

Return to “Everything Else”